Five Years of Skiba

Champ182

I just wanna hear a blink album with no other songwriters involved and with no producer telling them how blink should sound. Just Mark, Travis & Skiba writing and recording their shit, then taking it to a producer that'll help improve those songs instead of telling them to start over from scratch. Would be nice hearing some songs with Skiba taking charge and hearing bridges that have a balance with no vocals & vocals.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I just wanna hear a blink album with no other songwriters involved and with no producer telling them how blink should sound. Just Mark, Travis & Skiba writing and recording their shit, then taking it to a producer that'll help improve those songs instead of telling them to start over from scratch. Would be nice hearing some songs with Skiba taking charge and hearing bridges that have a balance with no vocals & vocals.

Mark won't ever do it because he thinks how they work now is the best way to do it, I don't think he'll go back to traditional songwriting which is a shame as this approach doesn't produce anything substantial. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Crab 1

3 hours ago, Kay said:

Mark won't ever do it because he thinks how they work now is the best way to do it, I don't think he'll go back to traditional songwriting which is a shame as this approach doesn't produce anything substantial. 

Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Nine even if they did hire a bunch of songwriters to help out. They at least experimented a lot more than they did on California, But there's no point in having songwriters when Mark & Skiba on their own can actually write amazing songs with clever lyrics.

I don't think they'll write the way they did again unless Tom comes back and although I can see him coming back again one day, that's not happening any time soon IMO. Mark just won't allow it until he knows 100% Tom can commit to recording an album as a band.

4 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Anyone else looking forward to the Skiba fanboys turning and admitting he wasn't that good in blink as soon as he officially gets the boot? already seen subtle posts saying that they think it's the right time for a change despite him being the second coming of Christ when Nine came out a year ago. 

I don't think the Kansas crew are Skiba fanboys. I think they love the name Blink-182 and therefor have to support regardless who was the guitarist. I feel like they treat bands like sportsball teams wher the players are consistently in rotation, but it's the team one has a loyalty toward. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Anyone else looking forward to the Skiba fanboys turning and admitting he wasn't that good in blink as soon as he officially gets the boot? already seen subtle posts saying that they think it's the right time for a change despite him being the second coming of Christ when Nine came out a year ago. 

Yeah it's likely to happen, it already happened with Scott and Tom (although there were legit reasons to dislike Tom). Funny how it's fan fic when people speculate whether Skiba has a coke addiction, but everyone was happy to jump on that same assumption when it applied to Tom. I think the speculation is dumb regardless and not justified, but just another double standard for the dumb fanboys. 

• Love 1

17 hours ago, Mard_Smartiest_Blinkfan said:

matt skiba will never look this good ever again

that was his pinacle beauty wise

i hope they kick him out cuz the whole thing with him is getting stale and robotic 

i'll never understand how blink can't get their live guitars, bass and drums sounding this good. Skiba's guitar sounds awesome here. Sounds like shite on blink's live shows. Honestly it makes me think it's to do with the mixing for videos or live streams more than the set up. It was the exact same problem with Tom in the band too.

• Like 1

Alkaline Trio just sounds so good. But I guess the people who take care of the sound for these guitar center sessions know very well how to do their job and it's in their best interest to make the band (and the instruments) sound good.

I think Social D's best performance of Prison Bound was also on guitar center: 

@Diddy Faplord have you seen this?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Alkaline Trio just sounds so good. But I guess the people who take care of the sound for these guitar center sessions know very well how to do their job and it's in their best interest to make the band (and the instruments) sound good.

I think Social D's best performance of Prison Bound was also on guitar center: 

@Diddy Faplord have you seen this?

Yes I have! And I totally agree, this is their best version of Prison Bound imo 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

i'll never understand how blink can't get their live guitars, bass and drums sounding this good. Skiba's guitar sounds awesome here. Sounds like shite on blink's live shows. Honestly it makes me think it's to do with the mixing for videos or live streams more than the set up. It was the exact same problem with Tom in the band too.

ur right, its a joke how blink sounds live now 

whatever they are trying its not working and i feel like they are trying to tell people

"no this is how kool sounds in 2020 youre just hearing it wrong" and it pisses me off

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mard_Smartiest_Blinkfan said:

ur right, its a joke how blink sounds live now 

whatever they are trying its not working and i feel like they are trying to tell people

"no this is how kool sounds in 2020 youre just hearing it wrong" and it pisses me off

I think a lot of it is the mixing on the streams or videos we watch. When i saw blink live in person back in 2012, they sounded good. Wasn't anywhere near as bad as what the streaming & videos were in that 2009-2014 period. I imagine it's still the same now, where they sound decent in person but the videos & live streams of their shows sound trash.

It can't be Skiba's guitar cause that sounds great on that Alkaline Trio live performance video haha.

I like to consider myself objective and by no means a Tom-Bot (maybe that’s what a bot would say, idk). 

I’ve got to say tho, I think Kiss & Tell is a fairly decent Tom song, like slightly better than okay. I’ve gone back to it infinitely more times than anything on Nine, not quite some songs on Cali. I’ve listened to Quarantine once, I have no real desire to listen to it again. 

What does this mean? I don’t really know. What is a blink fan called when they believe that blink in a nutshell is the dynamic/relationship between Mark and Tom. Without that there, the band feels stale (to me) , it ceases to feel like blink. Does this mean I’m a bitter fuck that can’t accept present circumstances? Idk. Does this mean Skiba blink has a distinct lack of chemistry ? Idk. Was Tom the dominant creative force behind what made blink, blink? Idk 

I don’t fucking knOOOW

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Depf said:

Lex luger on a superbrawl saturday ova here.

is what you described 100% true? of course.

but please,  use the technique of positive visualization.

imagine a gig with matt. sure he fucks up the appreggios and dresses like a artsy lesbian.

tom on the other hand? the hot girl you take home to find out she has teeth in her twat.

i will never forgive him for making me wait forever to hear not now live just to butcher it on purpose. i have heard better at the animals hospice. 

What I find incredible is how horribly wrong Tom played dumpweed during their last few years. Then he showed up for that Pursuit of Tone documentary and played it perfectly on his Fender Strat. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Depf said:

probably sobered up enough to realize that we do not  care for his forced fake showmanship. we dont mind being a little sloppy but what he did on purpose post reunion more often than not cannot be excused.  someone should have told tom that his down syndrom test came back negative and that he is not an aussie. so he might as well stop singing loooiiiiikee thaaaahaaat

edit: do you  go by the same username on youtube? if so, i just responded to you under a video. small world. i'm cliche Guevara over there 

I agree man! He was SO bad, and it seemed like a lot of it was intentional, as if he was mocking his own songs and band. And yes, I am on YouTube under the same name. That’s crazy! Lol I didn’t see a notification of anyone with that name responding to me yet tho. But that’s too funny