is tom gettng endorsed by fender again?

tom18222

I like using toms fender for heavy distorted palm mutes, but for riffy stuff i think its way too muffled in comparison to a standard tele.

I'd love to use it more on actual recordings, and i try it everytime because i like the guitar, but it never sounds as good as the other option

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Speedo said:

It depends on the player, not the guitar. The hardware is gonna be the same so I doubt you would notice much of a difference sound wise but if you're a clunky player or heavy handed with your touch, then your just as well of with the cheaper version as buying the expensive one isn't gonna make a difference. I see a lot of kids these days starting out on guitar thinking higher quality equipment is going to some how make them a better player and it just ends up being a waste of money.

Please get a life

• Crab 1

i have the sexiest tom delonge strat in existence. swapped out the white invader for a black one, swapped all the chrome hardware with black hardware, upgraded the tuners to sperzel tuners. a girl i was dating in high school put the atticus heart on there. where did the time go, wow.1662557_10153801009955713_1545671028_n.j

• Like 2
  • Love 1

We all know this is the GOAT of all his guitars:

warped-1997-front.jpg

On a note pertaining to the topic, it would be crazy if they did a pin version of this guitar. The amount of detail to it would be insane.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Crab 1

9 hours ago, Neal said:

Buying a tom delonge guitar and being interested in a good guitar to play are two different things.

They look cool, have a nostalgic feel and a high output. If you are interested in a good instrument to play yourself there are loads of better and more versatile guitars for a better price

Yea, but I had bought a Tom DeLonge (Fender version) off eBay few years ago and I had an excellent guitar luthier set it up for me. He got it playing like butter, it was amazing and definitely better than if I would have bought it new from the Mexican factory. It was surf green and I regret to inform you I ended up selling it a little bit ago. I miss it so much!

1 hour ago, tom18222 said:

i have the sexiest tom delonge strat in existence. swapped out the white invader for a black one, swapped all the chrome hardware with black hardware, upgraded the tuners to sperzel tuners. a girl i was dating in high school put the atticus heart on there. where did the time go, wow.1662557_10153801009955713_1545671028_n.j

Awesome!

7 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

You should easily be able to get ~$1,250+

Yea what sucks is I sold my Fender Surf green Tom DeLonge on eBay for only $600. I had even had it setup by a professional luthier. I unfortunately needed the cash at the time and wanted to get rid of it quick. Whoever got my guitar got a hell of a deal 

28 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Yea what sucks is I sold my Fender Surf green Tom DeLonge on eBay for only $600. I had even had it setup by a professional luthier. I unfortunately needed the cash at the time and wanted to get rid of it quick. Whoever got my guitar got a hell of a deal 

Been there too, man ... pawned a $1000 strat for $170 to make rent when I was younger.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

182-NEWS-ZOOM-CAP-03.jpg

Loving it! 

I would be super stoked if a replica of the later '97 version was out there; with the markings and gen 3 bunny stickers. More so that someone built up the courage to fuck up a strat like that 🤣

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Q182 said:

Loving it! 

I would be super stoked if a replica of the later '97 version was out there; with the markings and gen 3 bunny stickers. More so that someone built up the courage to fuck up a strat like that 

gen three bunny stickers? the only difference between my strat and late 97 is the lagwagon sticker, the electrical/gaffer tape bits added for the "dammit" video shoot, and the paint/sharpie bands around the upper bout which i did not want to draw on the body.

or do you mean the de-stickered version that tom drew starbursts on?

2 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

gen three bunny stickers? the only difference between my strat and late 97 is the lagwagon sticker, the electrical/gaffer tape bits added for the "dammit" video shoot, and the paint/sharpie bands around the upper bout which i did not want to draw on the body.

or do you mean the de-stickered version that tom drew starbursts on?

yes, the de-stickered version with the starbursts. should've been clearer the first time around, my bad. He had bunny stickers on the pickguard under the strings and near the bridge.

1 minute ago, Q182 said:

yes, the de-stickered version with the starbursts. should've been clearer the first time around, my bad. He had bunny stickers on the pickguard under the strings and near the bridge.

i know he had the square cropped court jones bunny (the hot topic / tour version sticker) under the strings between the pickups on one of his les pauls. you can see it in the conan "dammit" performance clip. do you have pics of them on the white strat too?

7 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i know he had the square cropped court jones bunny (the hot topic / tour version sticker) under the strings between the pickups on one of his les pauls. you can see it in the conan "dammit" performance clip. do you have pics of them on the white strat too?

Screen-Shot-2020-07-03-at-5-00-24-PM.png

From Tom's instagram c. 2014. I spot four bunny stickers, two under the strings (where the milo's used to be) and two by the bridge. These were the same stickers from his les paul (hot topic/tour). 

Also, I have a feeling that black mystery humbucker is another X2N. It looks like a rail-type pickup and appears identical to my D-Activator X (which looks and sounds like the X2N, but when you roll back the volume it cleans up a lot nicer).

• Like 1