is tom gettng endorsed by fender again?

tom18222

Just now, daveyjones said:

so, so sad. how rad it would be had he left it in his collection untouched. i bet he regrets that shit.

According to this reddit post it seems like he kind of does 😂

someone in the comments mentions asking him about the guitar at a meet & greet. His response was that he "tried to do something cool with it" and pulled off all the stickers, but he "fucked it up".

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

When I saw that they issued a Fender TD strat mini replica that actually had “Fender” in the title and on the headstock, I figured they had to cut some sort of licensing deal and that Tom may not be endorsed by Gibson anymore. 

it’s strange because last fall, my friend and I were talking about the trend of re-issuing old signature guitars and how if Fender did a TD strat re-issue, it would probably do extremely well. 

I could totally see them doing a MIM strat re-issue in surf green and if it did well, maybe follow it up with a TOYPAJ era finish like all black, all white or brown/Orange etc. 

granted, they’d have to be able to hit the right price point where they could sell them. I bought my Daphne Blue strat many years ago for around $500 (give or take, I can’t remember the exact price). But seeing them go for $1200ish nowadays (even the squiers are getting up there in price) makes me think Fender could swoop in and do a re-issue and rake in some money. 

I would probably be open to buying another one if it were new from Fender and was reasonably priced. 

I could never figure out if his original mass market strat was true to his real guitar. Did it actually come with the heavy bottom strings and locking tuners? I've also read in different places that his Fender neck radius was the true classic 7.25 and not the more modern 9.5. 

18 minutes ago, Sirwesker said:

I could never figure out if his original mass market strat was true to his real guitar. Did it actually come with the heavy bottom strings and locking tuners? I've also read in different places that his Fender neck radius was the true classic 7.25 and not the more modern 9.5. 

It did not come stock with those strings. Fender issued them with Fender bullet strings (I believe .9 gauge) as they typically issue their guitars with in house strings.

the tuners are fender vintage Kluson style tuners and the neck radius is indeed 9.5.

Tom’s guitars were all made via the USA Fender Custom shop. So while spected similarly, the MIM signatures, as well as the Squier models, were not 100% true to the custom shop, as one would expect.