WMAA old enough to drink (notice in local weekly)

daveyjones

44 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i came across this local weekly today at a beer garden. what do you think of their take on WMAA twenty-one years later?

WMAA-21.jpg

Tom read this, got butt hurt and tried be all mature.

This article destroyed Blink-182.

Also, you should be quarantined! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Speedo said:

also, you should be quarantined! 

the state i was in at the time is partially reopened but does require masks in public at all times and proper distancing. and i've got to say, being at a brewery beer garden in the shade on a hot day with only a handful of parties sitting yards apart was heaven.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

the state i was in at the time is partially reopened but does require masks in public at all times and proper distancing. and i've got to say, being at a brewery beer garden in the shade on a hot day with only a handful of parties sitting yards apart was heaven.

You hate grandma, Davey! Why are you trying to kill grandma?!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

You hate grandma, Davey! Why are you trying to kill grandma?!

that's actually a running joke in my circles. i get so fucking pissed at people who are not masking. "OK DOUCHE FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO SEND NANA TO THE ER!!"

8 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

that's actually a running joke in my circles. i get so fucking pissed at people who are not masking. "OK DOUCHE FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO SEND NANA TO THE ER!!"

If I had friends it'd be a running joke in our group as well but I don't. I only have a wife and she doesn't find me particularly funny.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, blinkstillrules said:

Unlike most fellow old school fans I know, I actually loved (and still love) WMAA. It's a fun song. 

totally. i disliked it at the time, mostly due to the video which repositioned the image of the band and dramatically shifted blink's audience. but, ironically, it has aged well. just lacks the teeth of some of my favorite enema tracks, like "dysentary gary" or "wendy clear."

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

totally. i disliked it at the time, mostly due to the video which repositioned the image of the band and dramatically shifted blink's audience. but, ironically, it has aged well. just lacks the teeth of some of my favorite enema tracks, like "dysentary gary" or "wendy clear."

It honestly might be my favorite song off Enema along with Anthem.

I remember when the video came out. Kids in school no longer asked me what the fuck blink-182 was when I wore my bunny shirt. They would now say "oh they run naked on MTV".

Just now, blinkstillrules said:

I remember feeling like "wow now everyone likes MY favorite band".

which is how i felt when dude ranch was growing their crowds. again, mixed blessing—i was proud of them, but missed the smaller shows!

• Like 1

WMAA is the ultimate POP-punk song. This is the song I immediately think of when someone mentions the genre. 

IMO it is their best 'single' release'. It just takes me back to being a silly twat at primary school and managing to convince my entire class that Blink were the best band in the world.

Roll on a few months and they all had Eminem hoodies on calling me a greebo. 😄