Your Favorite Show-Tunes

M!ke

Alright, I dunno how much traction a thread like this might catch on, but lately I've been noting how much I love the original songs in TV shows/Movies (often cartoons specifically, but they don't need to be), and I'm curious if you have any favorites you want to share and open others up to as well.  They can be funny, catchy, emotional, whatever.

Bob's Burgers is a great example of a series that has dropped some fantastic songs over the years, here are a few of my favorites:

I could go on and on for Bob's Burgers, but I'll move on.

Adventure Time was always great for original songs, but my favorite was the song in the last episode, Time Adventure, its not humorous, but I love the message and find it very catchy:

The Community episode that made fun of Glee was pretty solid, not sure I have a particular favorite from the episode, but on the whole the episode definitely deserves some recognition:

South Park has had many great songs over the years, especially in the movie, here's a small sample of my favorites:

in a very similar vein to Bob's Burgers, the creator's new show, Central Park has a heavy focus on music, including cast members of Hamilton as part of the main cast, and you can quickly see why, most the songs in the series are great, here are a few stand outs:

Metalocalypse was a fantastic source of great metal music, which made it all the more fun when some of the music they made strayed heavily away from metal, I mean I loved it all, but songs like this for their rock opera special stick with me:

I mean I could go on and on, but I find this art to be rather unappreciated, which is a shame.  There are a lot of great songs out there that go under-recognized because of their medium.  So if you have any more that you enjoy, by all means, please share, not only may it open me up to more great music, it might expose me to a great show worth checking out as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

The entirety of the buffy musical episode is peak TV musical in my eyes. 

However this thread title got me excited thinking we were gonna discuss actual Musicals and we aren't and that makes me sad. 

Family Guy and American Dad have some fucking great ones, as do South Park. 

• Love 1

Just now, Patient #48273 said:

Agreed. I couldn't find a link to the whole thing, so I picked the song that I think stands the best on its own.

Honestly not a favourite at all but I can see why you'd choose it as an introduction point. My favourite is the Under Your Spell / Standing reprise. It's beautiful. Anthony Stewart Head and Amber Bensons voices are gorgeous together. 

• Love 2