NEW SONG LEAK - FALLING

Hyland

Wow it kept getting better and better! This has to be from the NINE sessions where they started using Trav's beats as a starting point, right?! God I would pay a stupid amount for demos, I wish bands would share this aspect of the creation process more often.

• Like 3

I hope more of these NINE demos leak as we didn’t get any outtakes from California that didn’t turn into the Deluxe Edition (some of us are still waiting on the 2015 demos :P). So, considering it’s a demo, I’m not gonna gripe on the roughness and lack of structure. I saw a comment that said it sounded like someone copy and pasted the trap beat likely due to Travis not being there, but maybe it was of Travis’ doing so who knows. I really like how they balanced the acoustic drums and electronic drums on NINE compared to this, but that is also a finished product.

Mark’s verse melody sounds like one of his best in a long time, definitely has a classic vibe. Surprised they didn’t use that all during NINE. Hearing knock-off Adam’s Song riff for the hundredth time has gotten pretty old but it works better here with the opening line making a reference to the song itself (“Take your time, but hurry up”). The little harmony to the guitar part is kinda cool, sounds a little indie in the beginning when it gets going, which I like a lot. However, the chorus kills the momentum and although it’s catchy, it still needs a lot of work. Matt can sing a chorus without repeating a bunch of generic lines in blink, right? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Wow it kept getting better and better! This has to be from the NINE sessions where they started using Trav's beats as a starting point, right?! God I would pay a stupid amount for demos, I wish bands would share this aspect of the creation process more often.

There used to.  There used to be leaked songs you'd have to download (between 5 fake ones), CDs, with cool lyric booklets, to replace your burned mix once it's arrived, and then demos released later for fan service.  Only the superfans would dig into the demos, now they won't see the light of day unless there's enough money involved.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

I really liked it, you can clearly hear what they were going for and what it would sound like if they had finished it. 

It would have made a great addition to NINE imo

The predictable chorus needs to go though. I can hear that part now same as every other

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Not bad! Do we know for sure that it's from the Nine sessions or are people just guessing?

Guessing. Just seems most likely.

There’s no information out there about this song at all as far as I know. Titles never been mentioned as something there working on by mark or anyone.

• Like 1