NEW SONG LEAK - FALLING

Hyland

44 minutes ago, Chalk Outlines said:

The fact there is only 2 pages at this point shows the overall interest for the song I feel... 

Or, you know, that it's a blink forum on a thursday and people have jobs and lives. 

• Like 3

After listening to it for a while, the structure of Falling makes it feel like an early version of BIOMY besides the lyrics, but I can also hear some other elements from NINE in the chorus (first chorus before the trap beat takes over gives me Pin The Grenade chorus vibes). 

I think it’s more apparent in Falling’s final chorus that it sounds too similar to BIOMY with the same key and tempo so I guess it was left off due to similarity but more so because it was just underdeveloped anyways. Don’t think they knew where to go with it yet and the lyrics sound more throwaway than usual.

47 minutes ago, Chalk Outlines said:

The fact there is only 2 pages at this point shows the overall interest for the song I feel... 

It’s also a super rough demo. 2/3 of a song at most that most people aren’t too offended by. Some people don’t like it but no one is gonna go double down and argue over something this rough. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

After listening to it for a while, the structure of Falling makes it feel like an early version of BIOMY besides the lyrics, but I can also hear some other elements from NINE in the chorus (first chorus before the trap beat takes over gives me Pin The Grenade chorus vibes). 

I think it’s more apparent in Falling’s final chorus that it sounds too similar to BIOMY with the same key and tempo so I guess it was left off due to similarity but more so because it was just underdeveloped anyways. Don’t think they knew where to go with it yet and the lyrics sound more throwaway than usual.

Dude! About an hour after listening to this yesterday I had BIOMY stuck in my head for no reason and then it clicked how similar they were and I was like oh yeah that makes sense.

• Like 1

This one is annoying because if you didnt have the 'falling into pieces' bit, that could've been an alright chorus. the prechorus is alright. the Adams Song riff isn't actually as intrusively annoying with the extra chord stabs and little harmony on it, can't fucking stand the beat stuff added to it though and the lyrics aren't great. The verse melody is too monotonous, it's barely 3 notes, with one note repeating through most of it. 

But yeah, get rid of the the OTT beat, the lyrics, and the verse, and the end half of the chorus and change it... I'd like it lol. 

18 hours ago, NotNow said:

Welcome to the world of wfh. Leaks and security vulnerabilities are wide open again in these environments.

Its pretty meh but there’s some good ideas in there and this is clearly a demo so no judgment. The mark parts are quite catchy, the Matt chorus isn’t there yet. And Travis hasn’t touched it yet, they just have a sample playing over it. And those gang vocals at the last chorus are definitely Feldmann’s back lol.

I feel like this is a Feldmann demo from the nine sessions that they scrapped. Sounds halfway between nine and california

edit: also how has a new blink song leaked out of nowhere and only three people have commented on it after three hours?

Wacha mean? Travis’ drumming is all over it just gets overpowered when the samples come in, just quiet in the mix and shitty drum mics 

I love it, i actually enjoy the beat a lot! It's obviously a demo, you can hear actual drums in it while the beat plays which is kinda weird. Anyways, something tells me it could be an entirely new song and not something from the Cali or NINE sessions, although it has that repetitive annoying little riff that was all over Cali.

Just change that riff for something else, make the guitar a bit louder and that's it, i'm ok with the drums being just at the start and the rest being that trap/rap beat.

• Like 1

Hate to be a hater but the song blows ass. Really tired of the Adams song riff. I mean ffs these guys have been at it for 30 years and they’re plunking around with these three note Adams song rip offs. Can totally understand why they didn’t release this one. 

• Wow 1

5 hours ago, Kay said:

This one is annoying because if you didnt have the 'falling into pieces' bit, that could've been an alright chorus. the prechorus is alright. the Adams Song riff isn't actually as intrusively annoying with the extra chord stabs and little harmony on it, can't fucking stand the beat stuff added to it though and the lyrics aren't great. The verse melody is too monotonous, it's barely 3 notes, with one note repeating through most of it. 

But yeah, get rid of the the OTT beat, the lyrics, and the verse, and the end half of the chorus and change it... I'd like it lol. 

I agree if the chorus was more just of the first half of the chorus it would be pretty good. They just love the repetitive one line choruses now that don’t really have great melodic hooks. But the rest of the song has great melodies, they just always seem to fall off on the chorus now.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I agree if the chorus was more just of the first half of the chorus it would be pretty good. They just love the repetitive one line choruses now that don’t really have great melodic hooks. But the rest of the song has great melodies, they just always seem to fall off on the chorus now.

It's just so predictable and copy & pastey.  They start every song with a decent fresh idea (or Adams Song intro) and then just go right back to their samey chorus that is just involves Matt repeating/yelling a bunch of nothingness and sort of ruins it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Chalk Outlines said:

Cant' speak for everyone, but for me, it's just a reflection of how rarely I visit this section of the site anymore due to the constant pointless bickering about Skiba and Feldmann (which I really don't get at all these days when it's very clear that sooner or later Tom is going to be back, so those not on board with this current iteration of blink are still going to end up getting what they want; just let those that like this stuff enjoy it while it's what we get, seems like everyone should be able to find solace here, but alas, this is the internet).  

Anyway, I dig this, curious where exactly it came from, but cool to add another track to the collection.