NEW SONG LEAK - FALLING

Hyland

5 minutes ago, Mard_Smartiest_Blinkfan said:

its funny how some people are so automatic at judging this as if it was an offical album track

its always super interesting to me to see the innner workings of how top tier song writters do their stuff

Yeah, there were probably a reason why they threw it away too..

Frankly I really don't care what you think about the song, doesn't it's very existence just excite you and get you curious?  How many other unreleased blink songs exist out there?  And I don't mean of just this era, there must be plenty of cutting room floor songs over the years that include Tom as well.  This is the kind of shit that fascinates me about the bands I'm most passionate about, the stuff that isn't meant to be heard or even known to exist by the fans.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, M!ke said:

Frankly I really don't care what you think about the song, doesn't it's very existence just excite you and get you curious?  How many other unreleased blink songs exist out there?  And I don't mean of just this era, there must be plenty of cutting room floor songs over the years that include Tom as well.  This is the kind of shit that fascinates me about the bands I'm most passionate about, the stuff that isn't meant to be heard or even known to exist by the fans.

no

16 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

I don't find that any more odd than an old lady reading a letter, or an astronaut talking in a song. I like wolves.

True, but stockholm syndrome and asthenia are both top tier blink songs.

Like I said, there's a couple of cool ideas there and I enjoy the first 90 seconds or so... Hopefully see a full version of the song one day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iguessthisisgrowingup said:

song's bleh imo. can see why it was thrown out. (also really sick of that guitar riff lol)

the real gold mine will be the pre-feldman california demos. they'll either be good and we'll all get angry they were ditched, or they'll be total trash and we'll finally understand why they went with a producer :????????????

We need to hear these songs. 

8 hours ago, Ixidor said:

no

Really? Even if it means there could be plenty of unreleased tracks from before Tom left, as I mentioned? If such a thought doesn't intrigue you, perhaps you simply aren't much a fan of the band in any iteration.

39 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Really? Even if it means there could be plenty of unreleased tracks from before Tom left, as I mentioned? If such a thought doesn't intrigue you, perhaps you simply aren't much a fan of the band in any iteration.

It's been stated several times that old Blink wrote what was meant for the album and doesn't have a list of songs that didn't make the cut. As far as new blink goes ... well, how many more songs do you really wanna hear with the same AS riff?

3 hours ago, Speedo said:

It's been stated several times that old Blink wrote what was meant for the album and doesn't have a list of songs that didn't make the cut. As far as new blink goes ... well, how many more songs do you really wanna hear with the same AS riff?

Yeah, I've heard that claim, and I call bullshit.  I'm sure there are plenty of demos with Tom on them that have not graced our ears.

Just now, M!ke said:

Yeah, I've heard that claim, and I call bullshit.  I'm sure there are plenty of demos with Tom on them that have not graced our ears.

That's not the same as recording tracks that don't go on an album. 

Every band has demos for songs that never got fleshed out, mike. They're bits and pieces of ideas, some even used for other songs. Why would anyone want any of that? I understand wanting to hear songs that were recorded but never made the album but half-cocked ideas and scraps? Nah.

7 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Every band has demos for songs that never got fleshed out, mike. They're bits and pieces of ideas, some even used for other songs. Why would anyone want any of that? I understand wanting to hear songs that were recorded but never made the album but half-cocked ideas and scraps? Nah.

Seriously?  You dont' want to hear that stuff?  Can't tell you how many times I listened to the Cheetah vids where we only heard bits and pieces of demos for songs that would and would not be finalized. It's cool if that doesn't interest you I guess, but that shit fascinates me.  To this day, I love this little demo (that someone did their best to assemble into a fake full song) that I believe became Not Now, but man would I still love to hear this version take on a final full form as well:

I love Life's So Boring:

And this little riff in the beginning in the video always intrigued me:

And you just know that these things had more to them, including lyrics and whatnot that we've never heard.  I"d absolutely adore to hear that content. And I'm sure there is plenty plenty more that we're completely unaware of.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, M!ke said:

Seriously?  You dont' want to hear that stuff?  Can't tell you how many times I listened to the Cheetah vids where we only heard bits and pieces of demos for songs that would and would not be finalized. It's cool if that doesn't interest you I guess, but that shit fascinates me.  To this day, I love this little demo (that someone reworked into a fake fulls ong) that I believe became Not Now, but man would I still love to hear this version take on a final full form as well:

I love Life's So Boring:

And this little riff in the beginning in the video always intrigued me:

And you just know that these things had more to them, including lyrics and whatnot that we've never heard.  I"d absolutely adore to hear that content. And I'm sure there is plenty plenty more that we're completely unaware of.

Yeah, I've heard all of that. No real interest in hearing them again and wouldn't go out of my way to find more. I appreciate the art that was meant to see the light of day as the finished vision of the band, I don't want to know or even care how they got there.

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

Yeah, I've heard all of that. No real interest in hearing them again and wouldn't go out of my way to find more. I appreciate the art that was meant to see the light of day as the finished vision of the band, I don't want to know or even care how they got there.

Well to each their own.  I love this kind of content though, you don't have to agree with that, but surely you can at least respect it.  Like seriously, to this day, I'll be sitting around working on whatever, and find myself just kinda singing, "Let's dance, until I'm gone, I'm here hold on, to me goodbye, I'm leaving."  These songs may have mutated or never been good enough for an album, but I still think they're great regardless, simple as that.  I'm sure there are plenty of other full unreleased (surely not finalized though) songs and snippets that I'd get great pleasure from as well.