NEW SONG LEAK - FALLING

Hyland

37 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Eh, I don't get it but whatever floats your boat, bud!

Well I know I'm far from alone with the mentality here, just look at The Beatles fans lol.  Hell, some of those Beatles demos and odds and ends were repurposed into great music in their own right, I think i genuinely might like the Love version of Strawberry Fields Forever over the final mix they released decades earlier, and Revolution take 20 (the 9 or 10 minute version that includes Revolution 1 and Revolution 9 in one song) is sooo fucking cool.

• Like 1

After listening to it for a while Mark’s melody in the very beginning has gotten kind of stale for me despite the initial praise I gave it earlier. That prechorus however is still pretty good, especially in the first verse. The chorus is generic lyric-wise (not surprising) but I’m warming up to it as it’s really catchy NGL. I’ve been listening to a custom version where someone just used the first chorus with the real drums for the entire song instead of the trap beat that takes over halfway through and it works much better like that. 

Does anybody else like the “I’ll be falling, falling, falling, falling...” outro or is that gang vocals part people were complaining about?

26 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

After listening to it for a while Mark’s melody in the very beginning has gotten kind of stale for me despite the initial praise I gave it earlier. That prechorus however is still pretty good, especially in the first verse. The chorus is generic lyric-wise (not surprising) but I’m warming up to it as it’s really catchy NGL. I’ve been listening to a custom version where someone just used the first chorus with the real drums for the entire song instead of the trap beat that takes over halfway through and it works much better like that. 

Does anybody else like the “I’ll be falling, falling, falling, falling...” outro or is that gang vocals part people were complaining about?

Prechorus is best part of the song. It works better than the chorus as a hook honestly. And the outro is the other best part. Just like everything else on nine, I wish they worked the flare they add to the last chorus earlier on in the song because they’re usually the best parts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Yeah I'm definitely with you and demos/unfinished fragments have been popular for fans of many artists for many years.

Yeah, Speedo acts like such a thought makes no sense, but frankly I don't understand how that kind of content wouldn't be interesting to big fans of any band.  It's literally more and different content from an artist you enjoy, how can you not want to know more about it? The fact that we weren't ever supposed to even know about it makes it all the more intriguing, you know?  Like have you ever seen the artwork Dr. Seuss never released in his lifetime?  They were works he never intended to personally profit from or to be included in any of his children's books; they were for himself, but he did allow for them to be released after he passed on, and wow is it some amazing stuff.  

• Like 2

It doesn't make sense!

Saving Private Ryan was a great movie, one of my favorites... I don't wanna watch the fucking audition tapes, I don't give a shit about the story board or the first draft of the script.

The Stand is one of my favorite books ... don't want to read the pre-work authors notes for it. 

It's cool you're into it, Mike, all power to you but quit acting like some sort of savant for it. It's subpar clips and ideas that didn't make the cut.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

It doesn't make sense!

Saving Private Ryan was a great movie, one of my favorites... I don't wanna watch the fucking audition tapes, I don't give a shit about the story board or the first draft of the script.

The Stand is one of my favorite books ... don't want to read the pre-work authors notes for it. 

It's cool you're into it, Mike, all power to you but quit acting like some sort of savant for it. It's subpar clips and ideas that didn't make the cut.

Yeah, that doesn't really equate.  A better comparison would be saying that Saving Private Ryan was great, but you don't want to see an unreleased Spielberg film.  I personally would be very interested in an unreleased Spielberg film even if it isn't finished.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, M!ke said:

Really? Even if it means there could be plenty of unreleased tracks from before Tom left, as I mentioned? If such a thought doesn't intrigue you, perhaps you simply aren't much a fan of the band in any iteration.

Strictly speaking of the current iteration, I would say no, for two reasons. One is we get an offensively inoffensive song with a recycled AS riff. Reason two, we get a great Happy Days demo, which is miles better than the official release, has an edge to it, sounds like someone had a point to make with the song and I cannot wrap my head around why they need to fall for feldman's crammed modern production (or whoever produced it), which suits blink approximately 0%. I cannot make out the guitar in current blink one bit, maybe they are hiding it behind so that their lack of memorable riffs does not get exposed. Audible guitar is blink's bread and butter and I love them, not exclusively, but quite a lot, precisely due to that.

If they allow skiba some more creative freedom and blink start working as a trio instead of a circus with all the pop writers/producers/whatever, I would be more interested. Sadly it seems the chance of this happening is slim.

Feldman and the net batch of producers tried to turn blink from a stand out, easily recognizable band with unique (for the genre) characteristics, into another fob/panic at the disco/whatever band you want to trow in there. And it is not their fault, this is what they know/can and this is what is translated onto the final product. With that regard, props to Tom for always trying to do his stuff on his own, even when it falls short - at last it was his call.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ixidor said:

Strictly speaking of the current iteration, I would say no, for two reasons. One is we get an offensively inoffensive song with a recycled AS riff. Reason two, we get a great Happy Days demo, which is miles better than the official release, has an edge to it, sounds like someone had a point to make with the song and I cannot wrap my head around why they need to fall for feldman's crammed modern production (or whoever produced it), which suits blink approximately 0%. I cannot make out the guitar in current blink one bit, maybe they are hiding it behind so that their lack of memorable riffs does not get exposed. Audible guitar is blink's bread and butter and I love them, not exclusively, but quite a lot, precisely due to that.

If they allow skiba some more creative freedom and blink start working as a trio instead of a circus with all the pop writers/producers/whatever, I would be more interested. Sadly it seems the chance of this happening is slim.

Feldman and the net batch of producers tried to turn blink from a stand out, easily recognizable band with unique (for the genre) characteristics, into another fob/panic at the disco/whatever band you want to trow in there. And it is not their fault, this is what they know/can and this is what is translated onto the final product. With that regard, props to Tom for always trying to do his stuff on his own, even when it falls short - at last it was his call.

But my point from the start was how it's exciting to think about for all iterations of blink, with Skiba and with Tom.  Like even if it doesn't excite you for one iteration, surely it at least does for the other.

18 hours ago, Speedo said:

It doesn't make sense!

Id say it's closer to deleted scenes, directors cuts, etc. Look at a movie like Blade Runner which has 5 different versions. I don't think anyone wants a random Mark bass line or vocal take from the first day of recording. This "Falling" song was well on its way to completion

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Speedo said:

It doesn't make sense!

Haha I get that you don't have any interest in it and I'm not trying to convince you to, but that type of stuff absolutely sought after and fascinating to a lot of people. That's why deluxe editions and directors commentaries and demo/b-side collections and behind the scenes documentaries and all of that stuff exists. Personally I'm all about that stuff, I love seeing the process almost as much as the final product. But I can understand why people wouldn't give a shit haha.

25 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Haha I get that you don't have any interest in it and I'm not trying to convince you to, but that type of stuff absolutely sought after and fascinating to a lot of people. That's why deluxe editions and directors commentaries and demo/b-side collections and behind the scenes documentaries and all of that stuff exists. Personally I'm all about that stuff, I love seeing the process almost as much as the final product. But I can understand why people wouldn't give a shit haha.

As I said, to each their own. I can only state my own preference. No worries.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 9:19 PM, M!ke said:

Well I know I'm far from alone with the mentality here, just look at The Beatles fans lol.  Hell, some of those Beatles demos and odds and ends were repurposed into great music in their own right, I think i genuinely might like the Love version of Strawberry Fields Forever over the final mix they released decades earlier, and Revolution take 20 (the 9 or 10 minute version that includes Revolution 1 and Revolution 9 in one song) is sooo fucking cool.

Beach Boys is doing this as well. Great stuff 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I love hearing demos. I have Jimmy Eat World and Weezer deluxe edition CDs with demos on them and I love that stuff!

You and me both. I love those Futures demos (both sessions, the ones they released with the special edition and the ones that leaked that were done with Trombino).  Wish more bands were more willing to show us their demos like that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I don't understand the reasoning for songs not translating live when they're using backing tracks the entire time anyway. 

Let's be real, it's a BS excuse as it is. To this day they've only played like half of Neighborhoods live.  If a song doesn't translate to live, they simply wouldn't play it live. I think the real reasoning is they just weren't crazy about the track.  Though if we do get a Deluxe version of Nine, I wouldn't be surprised to see it appear there all the same.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Mark apparently confirmed on Twitch this was a demo for NINE, and wasn’t considered because it wouldn’t translate live.

Why does this matter when they don’t even play Matt music live anyway.

• Like 2