Sign in to follow this  
Ry-Bread

Davey Jones Podcast - Part 3

Alright, the Davey Jones #saga has come to an end. Here is the final part of our conversation, in Part 3 we discuss the 2009 reunion through modern-day blink. Davey also explains what happened in 2015 that led to him joining the boards and sharing all of his cool stories and insight. Huge S/O @daveyjones for taking time to chat and share all of your great photos and memories. It was a pleasure my friend. 

RVqDBtw.jpg

Episode Links: 

Apple Podcasts
Spotify
Google Podcasts

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Huge S/O @daveyjones for taking time to chat and share all of your great photos and memories. It was a pleasure my friend.

thank YOU @Ry-Bread this was a lot of fun to do! now thoughts and prayers for getting jeff forrest, darren doane, and @veeRob on!!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I always saw "California" as a very ambivalent song so I interpretted "Spending time inside together" as they saw California as a prison and they were prisoners.

I remember that 2016 summer as well, it was so cool when California came out. I remember the rollercoaster that was the disappointment of "Bored to Death" and "Rabbit Hole" and then "No Future" and the album itself came and I got all excited again and then learning that Feldmann and others co-wrote them and was all bummed again. I still have better memories than the bad ones from that summer. I remember going swimming the day I first heard it and it was probably the last really good  memories I have. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I don't think I've heard the Travis album. 

That's for the best.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for doing this. I enjoyed all three parts very much and I very much appreciate getting to listen to @daveyjones and all the incredible antidotes from over the years, as well as his opinions on so many different things. It was a real treat. Thanks @Ry-Bread and Davey! Being from Indiana myself, I especially enjoyed hearing some of the stories about California and the scene back in the day. The hardcore scene where I’m from isn’t so different today, just crazy hearing about blink back in those days playing clubs and hanging out at merch etc. 

I’m not a big poster on the boards but I’m a big podcast guy and it was amazing to listen to. I’m following the podcast now and looking forward to going through past episodes as well as future episodes to come. 

• Like 2

I have finally caught up with the entire interview, it was amazing. I always say this, but I have  a strange relationship with blink's early years because I love that era so much it makes me feel nostalgic for a time and place I never lived, so it was great to hear all about it from @daveyjones and we got some fucking golden anecdotes out if it.

Well done @Ry-Bread and keep it up! I never gave a chance to the other blink-182 podcast, but I know they are way behind us in terms of content. What do you have in store for the next months?

• Love 2

Thanks so much for the kind words @Elisa

I just did an interview last night with AVA’s Tour Manager that is incredible. Such rad insight into the recent AVA tour, new AVA era, and Tom’s emotional state. This will likely be a 2-parter. 

Jeff Forrest and Darren Doane are definitely coming on at some point soon. Rick Devoe and Cheetah have both said they’re down! I’m also gonna highlight some community members I’ve noticed on social media who go above and beyond. As always, if anyone has recommendations (and contact info) I’m all ears - just trying to share as many stories and history of the band that I can.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

I just did an interview last night with AVA’s Tour Manager that is incredible. Such rad insight into the recent AVA tour, new AVA era, and Tom’s emotional state. This will likely be a 2-parter. 

Jeff Forrest and Darren Doane are definitely coming on at some point soon. Rick Devoe and Cheetah have both said they’re down! I’m also gonna highlight some community members I’ve noticed on social media who go above and beyond. As always, if anyone has recommendations (and contact info) I’m all ears - just trying to share as many stories and history of the band that I can.

I'm really glad you're putting some focus on Tom, out of all the members, he still remains my favorite.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Earl said:

I'm really glad you're putting some focus on Tom, out of all the members, he still remains my favorite.

Oh for sure, I have an interview with a UFO journalist next week and we’re gonna get deep into Tom’s UFO stuff as well! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

That's amazing! I'm looking forward to all these stuffs! 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 8:53 AM, Ry-Bread said:

Oh fuck Cheetah would be amazing! 

The Cheetah Videos taught me and my friends how to be a band and made us so fucking excited to write and record music someday. God we loved watching those things.