New Song: "Quarantine"

Ry-Bread

lol man, if you taught that blink didnt sound like blink in the blink-skiba era

lol wait till you hear this

and definitly does sound like the offspring and it annoys me(i like offpsring)

also sounds like pennywise aswell

also too short, was ok for that generation something one but not again and not with this

i never tought id say this but blink is so weird now

i think ill just go walk my dog outside and forget this band for good

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Someone get this guy some professional help 

Sorry 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s solid writing (even if it’s not all them) and lots of sonically big theatrical choruses. I’m picky on production and the sound of records and not many pull it off in a way that I don’t have some form of gripe with. A lot of that comes from being an engineer and producer myself so I get super fuckin picky. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon Benjamin said:

Sorry 🤷🏻‍♂️ It’s solid writing (even if it’s not all them) and lots of sonically big theatrical choruses. I’m picky on production and the sound of records and not many pull it off in a way that I don’t have some form of gripe with. A lot of that comes from being an engineer and producer myself so I get super fuckin picky. 

matt would have fit so well in that chorus with his higher chorus vocsls hes done in the other blinjkk songs

its like he had his vocalls and they just pressed mute on them

3 minutes ago, Mard_Smartiest_Blinkfan said:

matt would have fit so well in that chorus with his higher chorus vocsls hes done in the other blinjkk songs

its like he had his vocalls and they just pressed mute on them

He was talking about NINE. He has a ridiculous take on it, but that’s what he’s talking about lol. 

• Like 1

The lyrics aren't as bad as I originally thought. I think they're just ok. None of it is cringe like some of the California lyrics. I still feel like Mark is using that first thought = best thought method. I'm just glad there's nothing bad that takes away from the song. It's a shame Skiba doesn't seem to be involved in this song, he would've suited this song to a T. This song is 100 times better than all the collabs. Might be adding this to my Nine & California playlist.

7 hours ago, Mard_Smartiest_Blinkfan said:

offspring is more on the hard rock heavy metal side(not saying they are heavy metal just leaning toward)

where pennywise is more leaning toward punk rock and raw

That's funny how different everyone sees things, if I would do the same comparisons I would say pennywise was leaning towards hard rock while offspring was more towards punk rock and raw

10 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i also got vibes of this

And Total Bummer. Quarantine has the same melody of "go away, sunny day"

Edit: Pennywise has become a live band like Green Day now. They have a huge crowd but they're all there just to hear Bro Hymn. I wish they would stop covering AC/DC and Blitzkrieg Bop and just play their own music. Their set list has been the same for years.

• Like 1

Finally got round to listening to it.I like the semi political stance of some of  Mark’s lyrics, at least he’s sort of saying something. Could’ve done with Matt’s involvement tho. I can see it being quite forgettable for me but not bad by any means. 

It makes me want to listen to Bubble by Lagwagon, which is a song that I can listen to 1000’s of times and will do so time immemorial 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

That's funny how different everyone sees things, if I would do the same comparisons I would say pennywise was leaning towards hard rock while offspring was more towards punk rock and raw

great point for diff views

now that u say it, i can see how some the offspring stuff may sound more punk rock n raw and vice versa

• Like 1