New Song: "Quarantine"

7 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Finally got round to listening to it.I like the semi political stance of some of  Mark’s lyrics, at least he’s sort of saying something. Could’ve done with Matt’s involvement tho. I can see it being quite forgettable for me but not bad by any means. 

It makes me want to listen to Bubble by Lagwagon, which is a song that I can listen to 1000’s of times and will do so time immemorial 

bubble is one of the best song i heard in a while that couple with the fantastic lyrics and artwork for the album that the song is on

• Like 1
  • Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

quick google search, but thanks for your concern

"lockdown too short to last long"

"i fell in love with the girl in the zoom call. pinned her vid in the grid and she doesn't know. everything's better in her trivia round. she's on mute but i still check her out. i fell in love with t

6 minutes ago, Mard_Smartiest_Blinkfan said:

bubble is one of the best song i heard in a while that couple with the fantastic lyrics and artwork for the album that the song is on

Bro I’m with you there. That bass at the beginning, drums kicking in, Caper’s lyrics. Lagwagon are a force 

• Like 1

Hmm. 

I actually like the lyrics a bit. They're not amazing but compared to the lyrics of the last two records it's far better, but still a bit eye roll inducing in places. 

I also hear the offspring but that's because I've never gotten into pennywise or NOFX. 

I see this as a swing and a miss, though. I appreciate a more actually punk number but both the chord structure and melody are basically the same throughout and it manages to get old before this short song finishes. If the changes towards the end were arranged in a way to break up the song earlier on, add something more instrumentally interesting between vocals, would've been a bit of an easier listen. 

Mark sounds good, can't say the production suits the style. 

I won't spin it again but it's definitely more tolerable than 90% of what they've done since Tom left. Shame Matt couldn't be there, he may have made it more dynamic. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

yeah i thought some of the lyrics on this were fairly accomplished for its slapdash origin and judging it against latter day blink. particularly fond of “and hiding from this phantom antigen that wants to send us to the morgue.” the stuff about PPE is a little clever too

also, song kinda rips, the mix is perfect. would love an album this speed and sound. neal avron kicking ass as usual

Better than I expected (wasn't cringey) and Mark sounds really good.  Was that a non formulaic bridge as well?  It sounds like an Offspring song but I'd rather have them go this direction than the soft ass suburbia bullshit.  It fits more.

It's definitely not great but I hear +44 potential in here a bit, aka Mark sounds more like himself and not trying so hard

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Osgod said:

So Blink is officially done with Matt I guess. Didn’t even get credit on the song anymore and this time it’s not a collaboration which was the excuse of the fanboys.

I believe this as well. Would surprise me if he’s still in tbh. Not included in so many things. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Is the Star Tours reference a diss on the ride?? It must be, based on the DMV/Germany press/watch magic.

Pumped for the reference, disappointed with the slam Mark. Star Tours is great

What the heck is Star Tours?

• Like 2

That was dope, I'm a fan. blink not taking itself too seriously, as well as not trying to sound like a piss-poor parody of what they used to sound like. Instead, sounds like they're paying homage to the era they were and who influenced them, and I'm happy with that. 

Also, I think Mark sang the (2009....(teen)) in the first verse on purpose to emphasize the 9 lol. It's sung differently the second time around, and that was when blink was a shit show and touring with Tom - hilarious. I think it was a small nod to it, but not a dig or anything. Just having a laugh, like this song. This is what I expect out of blink .