New Song: "Quarantine"

Song is boring, forgettable to me and idk, the vocals esp in the verses feel like they dont fit in the timing... it just feels off. One and done for me  like all of the Colabs, Not gonna go out of my way to add to my blink catalogue.

also watching ARTV review of the song, he brings up Matt’s odd absence from anything blink for months now, he speculates he’s relapsing into substance abuse and hints at his outburst on social media and absence from the band as hints. Who knows..

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

quick google search, but thanks for your concern

"lockdown too short to last long"

"i fell in love with the girl in the zoom call. pinned her vid in the grid and she doesn't know. everything's better in her trivia round. she's on mute but i still check her out. i fell in love with t

36 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Is the Star Tours reference a diss on the ride?? It must be, based on the DMV/Germany press/watch magic.

Pumped for the reference, disappointed with the slam Mark. Star Tours is great

Think this might be the first little bit of blink criticism from you in years! You're slowly joining the dark side of the force.

On a serious note though, this really is a cool song. I like it when blink do the 90's skate punk kinda sound. Suits them loads. HAG, Generational Divide. Hopefully blink keep progressing. I've really enjoyed their work from Nine and onwards outside of the collabs (except one of them, the XXX song is good).

• Haha 1

I don't think they could pull off a whole album of songs in that style. It'd all sound the same. I wouldn't mind a few of these songs on an album but I don't know if a full album would work.

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I don't think they could pull off a whole album of songs in that style. It'd all sound the same. I wouldn't mind a few of these songs on an album but I don't know if a full album would work.

Yea it wouldn’t be good and they won’t want to do it anyways. I definitely expect Blame it On My Youth Pt. 2

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

Yeah that's how I'd feel, although I'm sure Tom would still somehow have 30-60 second long intros that lead into skate punk verses. Both Mark & Tom are capable of them kinda songs though. Circle Jerk Pit was another quality one IMO.

I remember from instagram clips that AVA have a song with those skate punk beats but it's got synthesisers layered all over it. Will be interesting to hear that.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Yea it wouldn’t be good and they won’t want to do it anyways. I definitely expect Blame it On My Youth Pt. 2

Why wouldn't it be good? All their fast songs have been turning out great, why not commit to an album of it?

The majority of people here barely like songs like Generational Divide, HAG or Dogs Eating Dogs, which kind of harken back to blink's old days and beyond, so it makes sense that they don't like this one, but it's just a good song with cool lyrics.

As I said last night, I want more songs that relate to current events because they're pretty good at writing them (see also Heaven).

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Why wouldn't it be good? All their fast songs have been turning out great, why not commit to an album of it?

I don’t know , I just don’t think it would be genuine for 1, given all of the records they’ve put out and where they decided to take their band. They’re long removed from CC and DR. Maybe if they had someone with cool riffs it would be better, instead of generic power chords. That’s just my opinion. And I could never see them committing a whole album to it, just because of how they are. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I just feel like it's time for them to do a weird album with no expectations of popularity whatsoever and see what happens. Would be a good way to get Crazy Tom back in the fold too. Low pressure

I mean I wouldn’t be mad about it!

25 minutes ago, Elisa said:

The majority of people here barely like songs like Generational Divide, HAG or Dogs Eating Dogs, which kind of harken back to blink's old days and beyond, so it makes sense that they don't like this one, but it's just a good song with cool lyrics.

People don't like HAG and DED?! What the hell, absolute bangers!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 3