Jump to content
 

New Song: "Quarantine"


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

quick google search, but thanks for your concern

"lockdown too short to last long"

"i fell in love with the girl in the zoom call. pinned her vid in the grid and she doesn't know. everything's better in her trivia round. she's on mute but i still check her out. i fell in love with t

4 minutes ago, scoobs said:

That would be Matt Skiba, of Blink 182 fame.  Pretty weird how people are so obsessed with this Skiba thing... if he wasn't in the band anymore we'd know.

Thanks for your input. I’m trying to work and could only half ass watch the video, not even up to half ass 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elisa said:

The majority of people here barely like songs like Generational Divide, HAG or Dogs Eating Dogs, which kind of harken back to blink's old days and beyond, so it makes sense that they don't like this one, but it's just a good song with cool lyrics.

As I said last night, I want more songs that relate to current events because they're pretty good at writing them (see also Heaven).

Agreed! It's nice when they write songs that actually seem genuine and from the heart. That was why California was such a divisive album, a lot of it seemed like forced nostalgia. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ghent said:

AVA has a fan base?

When I went to the Ava show in November, longest line I’ve ever seen to get into the local venue. I don’t know about a fan base for Ava, but people are dedicated to Tom nqat.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NotNow said:

When I went to the Ava show in November, longest line I’ve ever seen to get into the local venue. I don’t know about a fan base for Ava, but people are dedicated to Tom nqat.

Tom has been my idol since i was like 7. I will always be excited for his music and have rose colored glasses the first few listens for sure. But with time, a lot of songs dont have the staying power. 
 

for me, Tom has always been a better songwriter than Mark. Today also. He writes what he wants, pushes his sound when he thinks its getting samey. Not all albums/songs are great. Mark tries to write what people want to hear and think Blink is. I hate that. He’s so much better when he pushes himself. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Knapppers said:

Not sifting through 20 pages but I don't mind the song at all. Sounds like the Offspring, NOFX and Pennywise had a baby. Where do we stand on Matt having anything to do with this song? Seems like nothing right

All of this is correct

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

Agreed! It's nice when they write songs that actually seem genuine and from the heart. That was why California was such a divisive album, a lot of it seemed like forced nostalgia. 

Yes. There are songwriters who are just good at telling stories and others who are at their best when they talk about stuffs they have strong feelings about. Mark, Tom, and even Skiba I would say, fall in the latter category to me as songwriters.
That's why some California lyrics don't sound genuine, it feels like Mark and Skiba were forced to write about nostalgia and the old times.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Yes. There are songwriters who are just good at telling stories and others who are at their best when they talk about stuffs they have strong feelings about. Mark, Tom, and even Skiba I would say, fall in the latter category to me as songwriters.
That's why some California lyrics don't sound genuine, it feels like Mark and Skiba were forced to write about nostalgia and the old times.

I dunno, I think Mark is good at some of those kinda songs. Songs like Go, Cliff Diving, Baby Come On, Make You Smile are all songs that date back to his childhood or are just random stories. I do agree he is way better writing songs about how he feels in the moment though. Kaleidoscope, No It Isn't, HAG and San Diego were quality songs for it.

But then again there's songs like Happy Days were the lyrics don't come across too well and although i don't mind the lyrics of Quarantine, they could be a bit better. I think a lot of it just goes back to that first thought = best thought process. San Diego probably worked in that sense simply cause Mark just knows how to write songs about Tom. The guy probably has a notepad full of metaphors about Tom haha.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

The lyrics aren't as bad as I originally thought. I think they're just ok. None of it is cringe like some of the California lyrics. I still feel like Mark is using that first thought = best thought method. I'm just glad there's nothing bad that takes away from the song. It's a shame Skiba doesn't seem to be involved in this song, he would've suited this song to a T. This song is 100 times better than all the collabs. Might be adding this to my Nine & California playlist.

the song and mark attitude gives me the impression that mark will present this as just a fun, quickly made song when realy he's realy thinking that this is a mammoth of a big song and hope people will say it is that great

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I dunno, I think Mark is good at some of those kinda songs. Songs like Go, Cliff Diving, Baby Come On, Make You Smile are all songs that date back to his childhood or are just random stories. I do agree he is way better writing songs about how he feels in the moment though. Kaleidoscope, No It Isn't, HAG and San Diego were quality songs for it.

But then again there's songs like Happy Days were the lyrics don't come across too well and although i don't mind the lyrics of Quarantine, they could be a bit better. I think a lot of it just goes back to that first thought = best thought process. San Diego probably worked in that sense simply cause Mark just knows how to write songs about Tom. The guy probably has a notepad full of metaphors about Tom haha.

Yeah, I agree, and I love all the songs you mentioned, but I think it's one thing if you write a song or two like that per album; it's another when you have two entire albums filled with songs about being young. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Wow what? Going through a divorce isn’t gonna take up much Of his time at all. A new girlfriend will. What’s so hard to grasp here ?

Lol. A divorce takes up a lot of time and must be draining energy I suppose. Here there is a lot of money in play, kids,...

Pretty easy to understand that his priorities weren’t with music  but he still should have released the album by now  

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Njdevils26 said:

Honestly, the crap that’s been the blink 182 the last few years made me appreciate ava a hell of a lot more than I did prior. I can honestly rank ava ahead of blink currently. Along with most other bands.

Can Ava even be considered a current band with their 3 songs in 2 years? They haven't released an album since 2014 and toured for 2 months in that entire time frame. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Wow what? Going through a divorce isn’t gonna take up much Of his time at all. A new girlfriend will. What’s so hard to grasp here ?

Yeah, I gotta weigh in here too. Not only must it be difficult having to change your life around dramatically like that, there are kids involved too. I mean, I can't remember their ages, but pretty sure they are still living with parents, so arrangements need to be made there. Plus all of the emotional stress! And likely there were or might even still  be financial things going on. Therapy even? I dunno. While I get that I was a bit shocked to hear he already had a girlfriend, that doesn't make the divorce any less of a time disruptor. Plus, if he actually was with the girlfriend already for like 2 years, then it's not exactly super new to take up his time really. I mean, sure, he'll spend is time there, but it likely isn't all consuming or even a distraction from his work! I dunno. I am itching for a new record too, but I can respect his struggles...and then of course, there is the Covid bs!

2 hours ago, scoobs said:

For real, what do they look forward to at this point?  UFO documents getting released?  Where is that god damn album Thomas?

So yea, i distract myself with this now. Lol But i can't watch the docuseries, so I'd prefer to have music out too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Lol. A divorce takes up a lot of time and must be draining energy I suppose. Here there is a lot of money in play, kids,...

Pretty easy to understand that his priorities weren’t with music  but he still should have released the album by now  

 

Pretty sure his legal team would have handled the bulk of it. Let alone the fact his divorce has been finalized for quite some time now. 

  • Crab 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Can Ava even be considered a current band with their 3 songs in 2 years? They haven't released an album since 2014 and toured for 2 months in that entire time frame. 

Since 2014 they released two new EPs, an acoustic EP, 3 singles and a demos and rarities record. And toured. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...