• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

quick google search, but thanks for your concern

"lockdown too short to last long"

"i fell in love with the girl in the zoom call. pinned her vid in the grid and she doesn't know. everything's better in her trivia round. she's on mute but i still check her out. i fell in love with t

I don’t mind the new song. Lyrics are kind of a throwaway for me. Not offensive, not impressive.. just whatever.

musically, I’m into it. Definitely has a darker sound like bad religion or the offspring. Very skatepunk. The harmonies in the chorus as also very reminiscent of bad religion. I dig it. You can tell the difference in production from Nine/Cali also. For better or worse, you decide.

last thing I want to add- new logo is much better than the previous one, in my humble opinion. Much cleaner. 

• Like 1

This song is fine. Inoffensive, fun to listen to, not a masterpiece. It’s kind of weird to have a blink song about a very specific event or point in time, it’ll be interesting to listen to this a few years removed from the pandemic.

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

This song is fine. Inoffensive, fun to listen to, not a masterpiece. It’s kind of weird to have a blink song about a very specific event or point in time, it’ll be interesting to listen to this a few years removed from the pandemic.

Hopefully we get removed from the damn pandemic lol. 

• Like 5

Only just listened to this for the first time, can't believe that it's taken me 4 days to check out a new Blink song, just honestly couldn't be arsed.

That said, I think it's alright - musically I like it but the lyrics are pretty awful, still better than a lot of the guff they have put out since Tom left though. 

I'm always surprised at how huge/influential The Offspring seemed to be to a lot of people here. I know them from their Smash and Americana hits but never considered them to be a band to dive into much more than that for some reason so they had no staying power in my brain haha. I totally missed the boat I guess!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I'm always surprised at how huge/influential The Offspring seemed to be to a lot of people here. I know them from their Smash and Americana hits but never considered them to be a band to dive into much more than that for some reason so they had no staying power in my brain haha. I totally missed the boat I guess!

I'd rather be forced to listen to Pennywise for the rest of my life than listen to one Offspring album lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Crab 1
11 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

The Offspring fell off a cliff after Conspiracy of One but a lot of the stuff before that is absolute gold. Americana and Enema of the State are the two albums that got me hooked on music.

Yeah they were fucking sweet for a while, perfect balance next to blink also.

Conspiracy of One was their last decent album but after that, they just never progressed the way blink and Green Day did IMO. Their last awesome song for me was Hammerhead but the album with that song was just so average and boring.

All they needed was another huge album on that American Idiot/Smiley Face level of progression, but they just kept repeating themselves over and over.

No idea how the song You're Gonna Go Far Kid is their most commercially successful song though. I've never heard it on the radio. I've never seen the music video for it. I've never even heard anyone talk about it. When people talk about the Offspring, they seem to associate them with songs like Pretty Fly, Self Esteem, Why Don't You Get a Job? and Want You Bad, yet somehow You're Gonna Go Far Kid is their most played song on Spotify and had huge success on the charts.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Conspiracy of One was their last decent album but after that, they just never progressed the way blink and Green Day did IMO. Their last awesome song for me was Hammerhead but the album with that song was just so average and boring.

All they needed was another huge album on that American Idiot/Smiley Face level of progression, but they just kept repeating themselves over and over.

No idea how the song You're Gonna Go Far Kid is their most commercially successful song though. I've never heard it on the radio. I've never seen the music video for it. I've never even heard anyone talk about it. When people talk about the Offspring, they seem to associate them with songs like Pretty Fly, Self Esteem, Why Don't You Get a Job? and Want You Bad, yet somehow You're Gonna Go Far Kid is their most played song on Spotify and had huge success on the charts.

It was definitely obnoxiously on the radio all the time here, it was their pay for radio play 'Centuries' song but yeah anyone who knows Offspring thinks of Self Esteem, Come Out and Play, Pretty Fly, Get A Job, Hit That, Kids Aren't Alright, and just all those earlier album fun songs

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Yea. What the fuck? I never even heard that song and I didn’t believe you lol. But just checked Spotify and you’re right. That’s crazy to me.

• Like 3

I saw The Offspring play at Soundwave in Australia back in 2013 and they were so fun to watch live.

They put them on one of the smaller stages probably expecting a smaller crowd but the place was absolutely packed. People were climbing on the top of tents and food trucks to get a glimpse and Dexter had to stop the show to make sure people were safe. Pretty wild. 

I love all Offspring until and including Conspiracy of One, there records were as dear to me as blink and Alk3 growing up, them and Jimmy Eat World were the four gateway drugs to punk and rock stuff for me. Genuinely dunno why people dislike them, sameyness aside they've got some fucking brilliant songs. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

It was a single an a comeback one at that and their first one in the era of Spotify and streaming.

• Like 1
Just now, thongrider said:

It was a single an a comeback one at that and their first one in the era of Spotify and streaming.

Yeah, it's just strange to hear that song as one of their popular songs. To me, it's like one of their deep cuts haha.

It's like She's Out of Her Mind by blink in that sense. Spotify would have you believe that's one of the popular songs, when in reality (from where I live) no one has heard of it, it's never been played on the radio and it's music video has never been shown on TV or anything. Even on social media, I've never heard anyone associate blink with that song.

Feeling This has less plays yet that's one of the famous blink songs. Most people know it, it was on the radio loads and I remember it on MTV loads. Hell, I've heard people talk about Darkside where I live and have even heard that been played on jukeboxes on nights out. Around here, that's the new blink song and a few people know of it. But I've never ever heard anyone talk about She's Out of Her Mind.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kay said:

I love all Offspring until and including Conspiracy of One, there records were as dear to me as blink and Alk3 growing up, them and Jimmy Eat World were the four gateway drugs to punk and rock stuff for me. Genuinely dunno why people dislike them, sameyness aside they've got some fucking brilliant songs. 

Because they did in fact keep repeating themselves. That's why Untitled was so necessary for blink, if we kept getting TOYPAJ hits we probably would be more tired of them as well, as great as those were.

Like Conspiracy One on I hear the same exact song.