New Song: "Quarantine"

I've been following the Offspring chat today and would like to say a few.

Smash was my first album, but I knew songs off Ixnay and maybe another? I got Smash in like 98?? Self Esteem, to this day, is one of my most fave songs ever. I also like Kids, and I want you...more, but I can't stay online right now :D

• Like 1
  • Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

quick google search, but thanks for your concern

"lockdown too short to last long"

"i fell in love with the girl in the zoom call. pinned her vid in the grid and she doesn't know. everything's better in her trivia round. she's on mute but i still check her out. i fell in love with t

21 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

this is a broken record for me on these boards, but i don't understand how that is a criticism. i listen to a diversity of bands. i don't want the bands themselves to vary much at all.

See I like bands to actually progress with their sound rather than sound the same. I think that's why Offspring never caught up with blink, Green Day and AFI in the early to middle 2000's. If they're gonna be sounding the same after so many albums, I'm just gonna prefer the earlier albums of that sound. I love punk rock loads but most of the 90's bands just never had more variation with their sound. It's why I can never get into new stuff by Rancid, NOFX, Yellowcard, New Found Glory etc.

edit: i say all this yet I love Bad Religions Dissent of Man album haha

Ok, so to continue...while trying not to make this a too long post. ;)

I borrowed Ixnay from my cousin around its release, as I enjoyed the hits. Don't know if I actually heard Self Esteem at that point or not tho. Then, 99-this classmate of mine really liked Smash and was rocking out to the album at our other friend's house, and particularly liked Genocide (Lol And that's when I learned about genocide). Maybe I had heard Self Esteem or what's the other hit on there?? Because it wasn't long after that I got that album. Never did get Ixnay, but got Americana and Conspiracy of One. Think I stopped there. Last night, I played Ixnay on YT. I like it even more now! :D Need to give Smash another listen. Last I heard it wasn't too far back, but it's good enough to play often. :D "drivers are rude, such attitude..." ;) 

Oh, and just to tie this into Blink, I very likely was hearing D ammit right around that time too. Still eludes me exactly when I first heard it though. Lol

Oh! And Dookie!! Well, that was a few years earlier though. Got into that around when Nimrod came out. That's as far as I really got into Green Day though. Sure, a few of the hits, but not much did it for me since Nimrod. Not even American Idiot, although the song is fun and referenced a lot. :P 

It's so weird to know how huge the Offspring were in the mid-'90s. I have absolutely no memory of them from before 1998 or whenever Pretty Fly For A White Guy came out. But I guess I don't remember much mainstream music from before then... I remember Alanis Morissette though.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yup. that's how most people feel. i realize i'm a total outlier in my thinking.

Not totally. I believe i liked your post. I'm mixed tho. I like both. Like, if a band changes, I'm fine if it's still good or my taste, but if it veers off to something I don't like, then adios! I realize Korn (for an example) changes a bit in some albums, but generally they stay pretty much the same, and I count on this. I think Ramones is also a classic example used, iirc. Or was it like Black Sabbath or something? Lol

• Like 1

It's brilliant, in literally every way. It's fun, catchy, silly lyrically, sounds brilliant and is fun as fuck guitar wise. It's a brilliant embodiment of that era or pop punk. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

Ohhhhh!!! But it's just coincidence the song lyrics are the same, right? I mean, lol, the Offspring song is totally different meaning. There wasn't actually any nod to this song in its creation, right? (Still trying to get a feel for how folks think here. Hehe)