Jump to content
 

2020 "New EP News" Thread


Recommended Posts

Spinning up a new thread to keep track of all the news leading up to the next blink release. Mark has stated NINE DLX is not happening, and that they are currently working on new music for an EP. I will keep a running list below of all the news!

5/26/20 - Mark tweets he is "bringing 'She Said' to LP 10 in a big way" - the first mention of a potential new blink album/EP/release.

8/12/20 - Matt is in the studio with John Feldmann working on new blink songs

8/13/20 - On IG Live from the beach, Mark says NINE DLX is not happening - as the new songs do not fit the vibe of the NINE sessions. Confirms blink is working on new music for a new EP.

8/16/20 - Matt is in the studio with Feldmann

8/18/20 - Mark confirms on Twitch that there are 7 songs for the new EP in various stages, hopes for fall release.

8/21/20 - Mark tweets a picture of goosebumps on his forearm with a "listening to new blink-182 songs" caption

10/16/20 - Matt posts on IG that he is currently working on 2 songs that Mark wrote that sound like EOTS/TOYPAJ

12/14/20 - Mark calls his manager on stream to ask about the EP, Gus says there is "Forward Progress". He hints that the song featuring Lil Uzi Vert would be featured.

12/16/20 - Matt posts on IG that he is working on new blink

1/6/21- Travis is asked if a new album is coming this year and replies "YES"

2/20/21 - Travis says the album is "60% done" mentions collabs with Grimes & Uzi

2/21/21 - Mark says on Twitch they have "about 10 songs for the new album in various stages right now"

3/6/21 - Mark surprises the board by joining the blink182online Zoom. During this he reiterates there are about ~10 songs, still not totally sure if an album or EP(s).

  • Like 6
  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BTD sounds absolutely nothing like TOYPAJ or Enema. 

Spinning up a new thread to keep track of all the news leading up to the next blink release. Mark has stated NINE DLX is not happening, and that they are currently working on new music for an EP. I wi

An EP would be the perfect conduit to show what the band can do when it's just Mark, Matt, and Travis. It's a shame Feldy is already involved, but hopefully he's the only outside influence. While I liked Nine (relative to California), I still really want to see what the band can do on their own (and with the right producer). Hopefully we don't get 15 songwriters again. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

An EP would be the perfect conduit to show what the band can do when it's just Mark, Matt, and Travis. It's a shame Feldy is already involved, but hopefully he's the only outside influence. While I liked Nine (relative to California), I still really want to see what the band can do on their own (and with the right producer). Hopefully we don't get 15 songwriters again. 

One can dream.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Mark just said 7 new songs in the works, hoping for fall release.

He said 7 songs will make it and some are already done. Some could be the really old collabs that were never released who knows. Also assuming quarantine counts towards the 7

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought it was supposed to be 10 songs?? Maybe I read it wrong? Or maybe it changed overnight. I dunno! lol It amuses me that folks try to guess or predict what Blink (or anyone) is going to do, as if what we say has any affect...

then again, what the hell! I mean, maybe it does!! In that case, I wish that they end up releasing a full album!! :P Or at least 10 tracks. And not including Quarantine (or there could be a bonus/hidden track or something). :D

 

edit: oh, but of course, anything would be appreciated. I'm not that easily disappointed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, NotNow said:

He said 7 songs will make it and some are already done. Some could be the really old collabs that were never released who knows. Also assuming quarantine counts towards the 7

I’m really hoping it’s not the collabs. I’m bored of those. When was the first mention of the collab ep? Cali sessions or Nine sessions?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The collabs (outside of Aoki) kicked off during NINE with the Pharrell tracks. This collab thing is a different EP than the one Mark is talking about here.
 

I bet this one ends up being 5-6 songs, no quarantine, Xmas release. They can drop the EP one whenever, I’m kinda burnt out on their collabs as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

The collabs (outside of Aoki) kicked off during NINE with the Pharrell tracks. This collab thing is a different EP than the one Mark is talking about here.
 

I bet this one ends up being 5-6 songs, no quarantine, Xmas release. They can drop the EP one whenever, I’m kinda burnt out on their collabs as well.

Xmas release really isn't fall though lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...