2020 "New EP News" Thread

Ry-Bread

11 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

The few snippets Bucko shared with me were outstanding. Dude ranch meets From Here to Infirmary. Amazing work can’t wait to hear the full thing.

I hated how they glorified addiction to drugs like Marijuana cigarettes! Blink is nothing but reefer heads!

12 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

The few snippets Bucko shared with me were outstanding. Dude ranch meets From Here to Infirmary. Amazing work can’t wait to hear the full thing.

Love those albums so hoping it’s all good 

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Tom should have kicked Travis out of this band when he had the chance.

The question is how long you would need to train a monkey to play 16ths one handed and act like a cholo gangster. Even still, that would have been 10 years too late to stop the madden bros from happening. 

• Haha 1

Kicking Travis out of the band would have been an interesting idea, if it meant new energy for the band and possibly re motivate Tom.

However, I highly doubt it would have changed anything, with the way neighborhoods was done,  which Travis was actually really trying to carry. Tom was going to be difficult regardless and then leave Mark even more stranded without Travis.

Otherwise it would be a more interesting 'what if'.

On 2/21/2021 at 10:33 PM, Tom Bot said:

Based on MGK’s album, I’d actually like to hear Travis produce Blink’s next album.

I'd genuinely like to see Travis produce some songs, if not the whole next album with Darkwaves and a few other of 'his people' involved. 

Tickets to my Downfall was probably my fav and most listened to album of 2020. I've been listening to a few tracks from Trippie Redd on his 'rock album', and there's some interesting songs there. I'd absolutely love a blink/MGK collab on one song.

Considering we were supposed to have an EP, with some songs already recorded/demoed from 'Nine', we're not really that much further along if it's at roughly 60%.

He said on Twitch the other day that they "have roughly 10 songs for the new album in various stages". I'm still wondering if this will be an EP/LP or both. If there are several collabs it seems an EP would be a cool fit for those.

Trav has stepped his game up significantly on the producing side, even if he isn't credited as a producer he certainly will bring that skill set to the sessions.