2020 "New EP News" Thread

54 minutes ago, Lindemulder said:

I believe Remember to Forget Me is pretty long as well? And that song is a perfect 10 all the way through. But really I dont care to much.. Generational Devide is super rad but outside of jokesongs iit must be the shortest they've ever done

I think that song is 3 and a half minutes long which is pretty standard for blink. Definitely does sound like a longer song though haha.

• Wow 1
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BTD sounds absolutely nothing like TOYPAJ or Enema. 

Spinning up a new thread to keep track of all the news leading up to the next blink release. Mark has stated NINE DLX is not happening, and that they are currently working on new music for an EP. I wi

Relevancy has nothing to do with what i was saying. I was talking about length of the time the song has been out for not whether it is relevant or not. I’d want an album of new songs to be excited abo

5 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

But how if Matt doesn’t have any equipment to record? It’s not like Mark would come out and say no he’s not involved, he knows better than that

Maybe they bought or rented him some equipment recently or something, and they've been zooming or the like in the meantime during the creative process.  Who is to say, but these days, when there is a will, there is a way, even if there is a quarantine mucking everything up.

9 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

But how if Matt doesn’t have any equipment to record? It’s not like Mark would come out and say no he’s not involved, he knows better than that

They’ve most likely been working in Feldman’s studio. There was that video from weeks ago with Matt recording guitars there. Whether it’s only Matt going in there or not who knows since Travis and Mark can record at home.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

They’ve most likely been working in Feldman’s studio. There was that video from weeks ago with Matt recording guitars there. Whether it’s only Matt going in there or not who knows since Travis and Mark can record at home.

Yea I mean I guess I’ll take Mark’s word for it. Was just playing devil’s advocate 

He's been going into Feldmann's studio. EP is still looking like 6-8 songs, Mark said he didn't want to promise a number because then he gets yelled at if it's different. I actually spoke with him about it for a few minutes the other day on Discord which was so rad. I asked about "Diamonds & Makeup" (formerly referred to as "Paris") and how that seemed to be the favorite for a single going into NINE. He said it will most likely be on this EP, and was referred to as "Paris" because that word is in the chorus.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

From a few days ago:

50i53b2ablt51.png

Of course it reminds Skiba of Enema and TOYPAJ. They've been using that line since Cali. Nothing Skiba has ever been on with blink sounds like old-school blink.

I actually like Nine. Doesn't mean it sounds like classic-blink.

• Like 3
  • Crab 1
23 minutes ago, Ghent said:

TOTTM, for example, could straight up be on TOYPAJ it is such a great throwback. And that's with Skiba singing and Skiba style lyrics.

Yeah, I do agree that fits on TOYPAJ to a T. She's Out of Her Mind and Bored to Death remind me of Enema a lot too. Parking Lot would fit on TOYPAJ if not for the gang vocals. Outside of those 4 tracks, the California stuff didn't sound like classic blink at all to me. If they're gonna do that sound though, I really hope they're much better songs. TOTTM and BTD are the only ones I actually think are really solid songs.

I have a feeling the EP is gonna have a different sound for nearly all the tracks though. Literally every song they've been doing since Nine has been pretty different I think even when they reuse that Adam's Song. California was different for a lot of tracks too IMO.

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

TOTTM, for example, could straight up be on TOYPAJ it is such a great throwback. And that's with Skiba singing and Skiba style lyrics.

No Future always gave me strong TOYPAJ vibes.

1 hour ago, Kay said:

BTD sounds absolutely nothing like TOYPAJ or Enema. 

To me it's like a poor mans Adam Song with a drum & bass beat haha. I do like the song though but it's not even close to the level of Adam's Song.

5 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

To me it's like a poor mans Adam Song with a drum & bass beat haha. I do like the song though but it's not even close to the level of Adam's Song.

I guess if you're saying that it's like Enema in the way it rips off Adam's Song (with the Feeling This drum intro) then yeah, it is like Enema... in the same way Everything is Magic is a "throwback" to Anthem pt 2.

• Like 1