2020 "New EP News" Thread

8 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

I guess if you're saying that it's like Enema in the way it rips off Adam's Song (with the Feeling This drum intro) then yeah, it is like Enema... in the same way Everything is Magic is a "throwback" to Anthem pt 2.

Yeah, kinda although I feel like BTD is much more closer to Adam's Song & STFTK than Everything's Magic is to Anthem Part 2 haha. I would've never batted an eyelid at that song being on Enema & Take Off. Like it's still clean guitars in the beginning and verses then power chords with some high gain on them for the chorus. Everything's Magic is just a complete AVA song with a similar sounding riff to Anthem Part 2.

• Like 1
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BTD sounds absolutely nothing like TOYPAJ or Enema. 

Spinning up a new thread to keep track of all the news leading up to the next blink release. Mark has stated NINE DLX is not happening, and that they are currently working on new music for an EP. I wi

That dude is in Blink?

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah, kinda although I feel like BTD is much more closer to Adam's Song & STFTK than Everything's Magic is to Anthem Part 2 haha. I would've never batted an eyelid at that song being on Enema & Take Off. Like it's still clean guitars in the beginning and verses then power chords with some high gain on them for the chorus. Everything's Magic is just a complete AVA song with a similar sounding riff to Anthem Part 2.

It's maaaaaagiiiiic

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Speedo said:

It doesn't sound like Adam's Song, it just has the same 1-2-1 style picking for the riff.

Yeah, this. It has the same strumming pattern as Adam's Song and Stay Together for the Kids. It has similar sounding guitar tones. The chorus of BTD is the same style as Stay Together for the Kids but using that I–V–vi–IV progression rather than what STFTK uses.

Put Bored to Death as track number 7 on Enema and it'll easily fit there just as well as Adam's Song. Could also replace STFTK with Bored to Death on TOYPAJ, and it'd still fit there in my opinion.

I remember a lot of people that heard the song before release comparing the song to Adam's Song & Stay Together for the Kids. None of the 3 songs sound like each other. But they all definitely have similar vibes IMO.

• Crab 1
8 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah, this. It has the same strumming pattern as Adam's Song and Stay Together for the Kids. It has similar sounding guitar tones. The chorus of BTD is the same style as Stay Together for the Kids but using that I–V–vi–IV progression rather than what STFTK uses.

Put Bored to Death as track number 7 on Enema and it'll easily fit there just as well as Adam's Song. Could also replace STFTK with Bored to Death on TOYPAJ, and it'd still fit there in my opinion.

I remember a lot of people that heard the song before release comparing the song to Adam's Song & Stay Together for the Kids. None of the 3 songs sound like each other. But they all definitely have similar vibes IMO.

Well, stay together for the kids has a totally different picking style/arrangement than Adam’s song, but this is your story so you stick to it!

• Like 2
21 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

I guess if you're saying that it's like Enema in the way it rips off Adam's Song (with the Feeling This drum intro) then yeah, it is like Enema... in the same way Everything is Magic is a "throwback" to Anthem pt 2.

There’s a feeling this drum intro in BTD? Ummmmm

Again this useless comparison of musicians' current output to old albums they try to emulate. You cannot write a new Enema or TOYPAJ because the times have changed as much as the people involved (and listeners) have changed. You cannot recreate 1999's vibe in 2020 - on an emotional, cultural or technological level (because they would use feldmann, for example).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ixidor said:

You cannot recreate 1999's vibe in 2020 - on an emotional, cultural or technological level 

dreamcast, light guns, EOTS, secrerly tucking Sables PB shoot in between a gaming magazine when going to the bathroom.

Talk about yourself

• Like 1

BTD "feels" like Blink to me, but more of a grab bag of elements from the entire classic era rather than a certain album. Like the guitar picking pattern in the verses resembles Adam's Song, but the chord progression and melody feel more like something they wouldn't have done until Untitled. The chorus is pure anthemic sugar rush Enema/TOYPAJ though.

SOOHM clearly attempts to sound exactly like Enema but it's not a good song. TOTTM sounds and feels like Enema/TOYPAJ and enjoy that one a lot.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

liking TOTTM and not liking SOOHM confuses me...

It's my position too. TOTTM is one of the better tracks on California, and SOOHM could be a Simple Plan song, super lame. 

• Like 1
  • Crab 1