2020 "New EP News" Thread

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BTD sounds absolutely nothing like TOYPAJ or Enema. 

Spinning up a new thread to keep track of all the news leading up to the next blink release. Mark has stated NINE DLX is not happening, and that they are currently working on new music for an EP. I wi

That dude is in Blink?

59 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

This has nothing to do with what I said.

if married men can relive the shameful act of toilet masturbation to enhance the house of the dead 2 experience,then mark can surely have a rahmen noodles diet to recreate the mood needed to write another lemmings

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

I hate it when people write TODHSHFS instead of the titles. Stop being so damn lazy god dammit.

Reveal hidden contents

and there is nothing wrong with Simple Plan.

Haha I was about to say I agree with you and that I only do it for long song titles, but then I looked back and totally did it for Bored To Death too. My bad. It's very lazy!

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

There’s a feeling this drum intro in BTD? Ummmmm

Again, i know very little about music. I know a few punk chords. So i'm not saying they specifically ripped themselves off. Just what it sounds like to my own ears.

But i'll be damned if that first year Bored to Death would come on over the speaker at my night job, i thought it was Feeling This every time for about 3-4 seconds and that's cuz of the drums.

I'd get super excited to very depressed in the span of 10 seconds.

• Like 4

Yeah, the opening drum beat is completely different to Feeling This but they use a recording technique with a microphone placed right behind Travis' ass. On that specific section of the song, all of the mics used in the room except the "butt mic" were on mute. Then they added that flanger effect.

Zakk Cervini (one of the mixers for the album) mentioned it in one of the articles about the recording of California. That technique was also used for the opening of Feeling This, so it has the same vibes of Feeling This on that specific opening beat. It's the same thing they did for the opening of First Time too.

All 3 songs have similar openings simply because of that recording technique along with the editing they used for them. I think it's only the first 5-10 seconds of the song that share similarities but the drum beats are completely different.

I'd love to read more about how blink recorded all of their tracks. I know they've spoken about how they've recorded most of their songs but they've never gone into full detail.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah, the opening drum beat is completely different to Feeling This but they use a recording technique with a microphone placed right behind Travis' ass. On that specific section of the song, all of the mics used in the room except the "butt mic" were on mute. Then they added that flanger effect.

Zakk Cervini (one of the mixers for the album) mentioned it in one of the articles about the recording of California. That technique was also used for the opening of Feeling This, so it has the same vibes of Feeling This on that specific opening beat. It's the same thing they did for the opening of First Time too.

All 3 songs have similar openings simply because of that recording technique along with the editing they used for them. I think it's only the first 5-10 seconds of the song that share similarities but the drum beats are completely different.

I'd love to read more about how blink recorded all of their tracks. I know they've spoken about how they've recorded most of their songs but they've never gone into full detail.

Ok thanks. Very informative. And it would explain why all 3 songs sound similar even if Travis is playing different beats or whatnot.

It was enough to fool me those first few months at work when BTD came on. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Ok thanks. Very informative. And it would explain why all 3 songs sound similar even if Travis is playing different beats or whatnot.

It was enough to fool me those first few months at work when BTD came on. 

Haha, well they definitely have Feeling This vibes because of it on the opening section, so I agree with you!

• Like 1

I think the quarantine/pandemic is still fucking with everything by sticking around the US for so long. They probably figured they'd end up putting the EP together separately and then finishing it up together in person as the pandemic was winding down and then be able to release it as things were getting back to normal. But there's still no end in sight here so they're probably still trying to figure out the right timing.

• Like 1