2020 "New EP News" Thread

2 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Hey, I respect that you would prefer it not be on the album, but I'm arguing that there could be good reason for it to be on the album, and if there is, then I want it there.  Like imagine if Violence wasn't included on Untitled because they decided to release it as a single a year before Untitled, and they don't add another song in it's place (maybe Not Now is on all versions of the album now, whatever), so now the album goes from I Miss You to Stockholm Syndrome.  Sure, they might find a way to mix it that works, but it would be such a shame to not put Violence in there to really get that great flow that the whole album has tied together.  I can't imagine that part of the album being nearly as satisfying going from I Miss You to Stockholm Syndrome.  

Of course, I don't know what the flow of this album is like, but if it can fit in so perfectly somewhere like Violence does between I Miss You and Stockholm Syndrome, then I absolutely want it on the album to make the flow of the entire release all the more satisfying.

And what if they took Violence out and they wrote an even better song that fit the album even better? We can use whatever imaginary scenario we want to fit what we’re saying.

Im sure if they include the song then they think it’s for the best. I’d just prefer an album full of new songs.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BTD sounds absolutely nothing like TOYPAJ or Enema. 

Spinning up a new thread to keep track of all the news leading up to the next blink release. Mark has stated NINE DLX is not happening, and that they are currently working on new music for an EP. I wi

That dude is in Blink?

2 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

And what if they took Violence out and they wrote an even better song that fit the album even better? We can use whatever imaginary scenario we want to fit what we’re saying.

Im sure if they include the song then they think it’s for the best. I’d just prefer an album full of new songs.

But how do we even know that the absence of Quarantine would mean another song in it's place and not just one less song?  And like I said, they could include Not Now on the album instead to still reach 14 tracks.  I love Not Now, but I think I love Violence more, and again, I really love how it ties the flow of the album together so well.

Like dude, I get it, you don't want it on the album, I respect that.  But I'm arguing that if it works well for the flow of the album, then I'd want it on the album as well, you don't have to agree with that, but I hope you too can at least respect that.

4 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Like dude, I get it, you don't want it on the album, I respect that.  But I'm arguing that if it works well for the flow of the album, then I'd want it on the album as well, you don't have to agree with that, but I hope you too can at least respect that.

I respect that fine. I’m just amazed at your ability to invent an argument out of nothing. First you argued it wasn’t old because it’s still relevant, then you changed to even if it is old it can be best to still release it on an album as it may become successful and now you’re arguing the song may keep the flow of the album so it’s best to keep it on even though I never said it wasn’t. All I ever said was I’d prefer an album full of new songs not songs we first heard 6-9 months ago.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

I respect that fine. I’m just amazed at your ability to invent an argument out of nothing. First you argued it wasn’t old because it’s still relevant, then you changed to even if it is old it can be best to still release it on an album as it may become successful and now you’re arguing the song may keep the flow of the album so it’s best to keep it on even though I never said it wasn’t. All I ever said was I’d prefer an album full of new songs not songs we first heard 6-9 months ago.

I didn't know I was arguing, just trying to make my point of view clear, seemed like you were trying to shut me down from having an opinion is all, and I'm not cool with that at all.  Sorry if that wasn't the case, maybe I just read your posts wrong.

4 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I didn't know I was arguing, just trying to make my point of view clear, seemed like you were trying to shut me down from having an opinion is all, and I'm not cool with that at all.  Sorry if that wasn't the case, maybe I just read your posts wrong.

I wasn’t. Only thing I disagreed with was that the song can still be old even if it’s still relevant since those are two different things. All good buddy. 

Just now, Russel Coight said:

I wasn’t. Only thing I disagreed with was that the song can still be old even if it’s still relevant since those are two different things. All good buddy. 

I mean that's true, but I definitely do disagree with the idea that an old song can't or shouldn't be included on a new album if it never did before.

3 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I mean that's true, but I definitely do disagree with the idea that an old song can't or shouldn't be included on a new album if it never did before.

Well I don’t know who you’re disagreeing with because I never said that they can’t or that they shouldn’t just that I personally would prefer it if they didn’t.

Just now, Russel Coight said:

Well I don’t know who you’re disagreeing with because I never said that they can’t or that they shouldn’t just that I personally would prefer it if they didn’t.

Fair enough, I respect that opinion, though I don't agree, obviously, lol.

• Like 1

I'd like Quarantine to be on a blink album or EP as I rate the song. But it really does need to flow for it to work. On Spotify, I've made a blink-182 playlist of Nine & California songs and tried to make them flow. They're the darker songs as well. I've tried to fit Quarantine in but it just doesn't seem to work as well as Generational Divide does.

Here is the playlist though!

1. The First Time
2. Heaven
3. I Really Wish I Hated You (Chilled song that's track 3 like I Miss You)
4. Los Angeles
5. Black Rain
6. Generational Divide
7. No Heart to Speak Of
8. Darkside
9. Bottom of the Ocean
10. Long Lost Feeling
11. San Diego
12. Remember to Forget Me
13. It's Fall Fading to Black by XXXTentacion (Bonus acoustic track)

I think the tracks from 1-8 is the perfect flow but I start to dislike the songs more from 9-13. These are still quality songs for me though. I've also avoided the most "Feldman" sounding songs that have shitty gang vocals and in your face woahs or heavily autotuned robotic harmonies.

It's difficult to add Quarantine to that list IMO. The mix in the palm muted intro of the track also sounds completely different to the mixing of Nine & California too, which makes it more difficult.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Speedo said:

My favorite part is the arguing and eventual "well, that's just my opinion so it can't be wrong" conclusion. 

Can you explain what about what I was stating was wrong though?  Opinion or otherwise?

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

No. That's exactly my point. The default argument is "well, this is my opinion" and, therefore can't be proven wrong.

Right, and everything I was saying was genuinely true, yet you all still tried to shut me down like I'm a dick just for being a fan of this band and having an opinion, let's look over what I did say:

Artists have released old individual songs on new albums and EPs.
The song could work well for the album if it helps the flow, and if it does, I absolutely want it there.
The song will still likely be relevant by the time the release does come
And I never claimed Quarantine to be the anthem for quarantine (seriously, that one still boggles my mind, where he hell did you pull that one out of, I never made any argument close to that)

In fact if anything, I'd argue you were the one to say something that could arguably be wrong: "The point is that it wouldn't make sense to do so, it works fine as a one off."  We don't know that, it might make a ton of sense to put it in there, especially again, if it works well with the flow of the album.

Just now, Speedo said:

It'd be real god damn dumb to put Quarantine on a new album, mike and they're not going to do it, despite how you feel about it.

I don't know if that's true, so I wont agree with that.  If it helps the flow of an album like Violence does right between I Miss You and Stockholm Syndrome, then I want it on the release.  And that's all there is to it.

3 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I don't know if that's true, so I wont agree with that.  If it helps the flow of an album like Violence does right between I Miss You and Stockholm Syndrome, then I want it on the release.  And that's all there is to it.

That makes no sense ... for a band that consistently does NOT reach into their back catalog, why would a one off, wink at current events be the go to for album flow filler? Why would any band do that, let alone a band like blink that could and would just as easily write a song to fit what was needed?! You're talking nonsense and wanting us to to agree that it's plausible. Well, its very well plausible you could fit a beer bottle up your ass but you're not going to do it, are you ... because why the fuck would you do so?

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Speedo said:

That makes no sense ... for a band that consistently does NOT reach into their back catalog, why would a one off, wink at current events be the go to for album flow filler? Why would any band do that, let alone a band like blink that could and would just as easily write a song to fit what was needed?! You're talking nonsense and wanting us to to agree that it's plausible. Well, its very well plausible you could fit a beer bottle up your ass but you're not going to do it, are you ... because why the fuck would you do so?

If it works for the flow it works for the flow.  I dunno how or why you're struggling with the thought.