2020 "New EP News" Thread

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BTD sounds absolutely nothing like TOYPAJ or Enema. 

Spinning up a new thread to keep track of all the news leading up to the next blink release. Mark has stated NINE DLX is not happening, and that they are currently working on new music for an EP. I wi

7 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Because you think you're making a point and you're not, that's not how album production works. 

lol the only point I'm making is that if the song fits in with the flow of the entire album, then I want it there. You don't have to agree with that, but that is a fair point to have all the same.

5 minutes ago, M!ke said:

lol the only point I'm making is that if the song fits in with the flow of the entire album, then I want it there. You don't have to agree with that, but that is a fair point to have all the same.

You're not making a point ... that's the annoying thing. You have an opinion, which is fine but it's only an opinion it's not based on anything other than you like that song and want it in the new album ... which is why there isn't a counter and it brings me back to my original statement. "Well, it's my opinion and you can't prove it wrong."

• Crab 1

As it is, when Tom finally releases his next Angels and Airwaves album, I fully expect the 3 singles that he's release over the last year+ to be on that release, and I bet they'll work well with the flow of that album too.  

Just now, Speedo said:

You're not making a point ... that's the annoying thing. 

Yeah, then maybe I'm not making a point so much as I am just doing what Russel Coight did to begin with and stating my preference of whether I'd want it on the album or not, and then followed it up with logical reasoning of why it could be on the next release. None of this is me saying it's a done deal it will be on there, by any means, it's just me arguing for it's inclusion and why I want it to be there if it works for the album.

2 minutes ago, M!ke said:

As it is, when Tom finally releases his next Angels and Airwaves album, I fully expect the 3 singles that he's release over the last year+ to be on that release, and I bet they'll work well with the flow of that album too.  

The difference is Tom stated they were part of the album, they were always singles from the new album ... that's what makes their release so bafflingly dumb ... it was way too far off. Quarantine was a gimmicky one off and was teased and released as such.

38 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I mean, I want Zulu and Wrecked them included in Enema but why would it be?

Did those come out within a year before Enema?  Cuz if so that'd be a decent parallel.  You should have gone for wanting Man Overboard on TOYPAJ, and yeah, I'd fucking have loved if they did that, that song probably could fit really great with the flow of the rest of the album in just the right spot.

For what it's worth, Degenerate was a song on blink's 1992 demo cassette and 1994's Buddha.  And then 5 years after the original release it would be released on Dude Ranch, so I guess your Zulu/Wrecked Him hypothetical on a release 4 years after their initial release has merit for the band.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Honestly, is anyone actually excited about this current lineup releasing more forgettable music again? 

Nine was alright but I wouldn't say I'm excited necessarily. If it were an effort solely written and performed by the band and without the "sounds like [insert blink era here]", yes because I really am interested to hear what the band would sound like left to their own devices. However, if they're gonna hire writers then it's gonna be the same thing as the last few efforts. Some good songs, some bad songs but nothing really remarkable, so whats there to be excited about?

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Honestly, is anyone actually excited about this current lineup releasing more forgettable music again? 

this is about how i feel. forgettable is a great word for it. there’s a couple of good ones in there but the vast majority i could go without. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

They need to re-record A Letter to Elise and bring in Tom for the other songs. Band has an identity crisis NQAT

I think Skiba is great when it comes to filling in for Tom on older blink songs, I just don't care much for his era of new releases. I don't feel like he matches the style they're going for and it's a shame 'cause he's a brilliant songwriter if they would actually bother utilizing that potential.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

What song is your favourite?

Tough question, but I have to say the cover of Janet Jackson - Together Again. I didn't think it was possible for that song to be improved. Mark's vocals sound so clean. 

• Like 1

Last night on stream folks were asking about the EP and Mark mentioned that he had calls from the label that day about it. He also answered a call from his manager on stream and asked Gus specifically about the EP and he said there is "Forward Progress". Also hinted that a blink-182 song featuring Lil Uzi Vert produced by Pharrell would be on it. So it seems maybe we're back on track for an EP...

• Like 1