Box Car Racer or (+44)??

Tombomb

Box Car Racer or (+44)??  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Box Car Racer or (+44)??

• Box Car Racer Self Titled
    • (+44) When Your Heart Stops Beating

Boxcar, by a country mile. I love the +44 record and on paper I should prefer it (lyrically, Authenticity from Mark, it's more diverse and ambitious and moody, etc) but BCR is pinnacle Tom for me. It's the energy of older blink with the more aggressiveness and seriousness of middle blink but also before Tom completely disappeared up his own ass. it's a perfect moment and I love it to pieces. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Well, thank you all for your thoughts! It's not an easy choice, but I made this poll because I wanted to see if anyone else preferred +44. I'm not saying BCR is bad. There are some great songs, and I'll always remember "I Feel So" as the first side project song I heard back in 02. Never heard "There is" until recently, and that one is perfection!! And Elevator-well, as meaningful the lyrics are as well as the fact that Mark is featured, it wasn't the best song, IMO. 

So, as a whole, as well as for the other arguments shared here so far, I think +44 wins this debate for me. I just resonate much more with the lyrics and the sound of it more than I do with the musical style/s of Box Car Racer. It's more like the style of music that I would gravitate towards...as I'm stuck in like "2005", as they say. I wasn't "emo" back then (was too old for it), but I guess I am kinda emo at heart, so yeah! +44 ;)

14 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Box Car Racer all the way! Just for that song alone though and I freaking love the part where Tom and Mark sing "Let's forget this all move on" 

Hide contents

Shame they couldn't forget this and separated at a point, where what was next for them was so so exciting.

It is hard to choose, both bands represent different moments in time and are associated with a different kinds of nostalgia, which I can't compare.

35 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

Box Car Racer.

+44 is a great album and some of Marks best work but there’s a couple of songs I usually skip. BCR is almost perfect and I thoroughly enjoy pretty much every song

See, that's how I am with BCR. Or I would be if I was listening again. I can't stand Cat Like Thief,  and apparently that's like super popular??!!