New generation of pop punk

Champ182

Just now, ...Dan... said:

So much genre defining in this thread, yuccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk - worst kind of music fans.

Good music = good music, why we always gotta put it in a box? sure most music has a genre you can label it too but when you see people nit picking and trying to place everything in certain sub genres it makes me want to rip their heads off and shit down their throat.

I like the MGK stuff. 

I don't think categorizing it says anything about the quality of music at all. Being pop doesn't make it bad music by any means, it just means it's a separate category.

• Crab 1

20 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I don't think categorizing it says anything about the quality of music at all. Being pop doesn't make it bad music by any means, it just means it's a separate category.

Yea I don’t care what you wanna call MGK. Rap, hip hop, metal, punk, pop, he sucks any way you slice it 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

So much genre defining in this thread, yuccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk - worst kind of music fans.

Good music = good music, why we always gotta put it in a box? sure most music has a genre you can label it too but when you see people nit picking and trying to place everything in certain sub genres it makes me want to rip their heads off and shit down their throat.

I like the MGK stuff. 

Probably from the lads under 18. I used to be like that till I grew up and realised i didn’t give a fuck what genre a song or artist was. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Slipperypoofromsombrero said:

Absolutely. I remember a few years back....maybe '12? I would get drunk and start babbling on about how much I love pop-punk, which i would have been "too cool" to admit during high school or college (2000-2009). I am all about embracing it, because it really defined a generation, and kicks total fucking ass. That's why I've always stuck with NFG, to name one. They have always stayed true to the genre. Everything they've ever put out stays true to what I believe pop-punk really is. Even their latest release could be confused with something straight outta 2002. When I go (more accurately-went) to double billed shows like TBS with The Used in recent years, you could just feel that everyone in the venue wanted it, and missed it. The scene (no, the THE scene) still stays true and is very alive after a brief hiatus, and I couldn't be happier.

It's Not Your Fault rocks my socks. 

2 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I like the MGK stuff. 

You’re right. California should have won the Grammy...for best hip hop album. There are categories because they’re all different. If I went to the record store and all the inserts just said “music” I’d be pretty pissed if I was expecting something akin to blink but picked up a 98 degrees album. While we’re at it, let’s get rid of all categorization. I’m going to just call cars, trucks, SUV’s and sports cars “go-mobile” now. I’ll also call Food-hut and order some food for the game. What kind? The good kind to be as specific as I possibly can be. Categorization in music, if nothing else, is essential for what this place is all about- conversation.

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

Probably from the lads under 18. I used to be like that till I grew up and realised i didn’t give a fuck what genre a song or artist was. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Slipperypoofromsombrero said:

You’re right. California should have won the Grammy...for best hip hop album. There are categories because they’re all different. If I went to the record store and all the inserts just said “music” I’d be pretty pissed if I was expecting something akin to blink but picked up a 98 degrees album. While we’re at it, let’s get rid of all categorization. I’m going to just call cars, trucks, SUV’s and sports cars “go-mobile” now. I’ll also call Food-hut and order some food for the game. What kind? The good kind to be as specific as I possibly can be. Categorization in music, if nothing else, is essential for what this place is all about- conversation.

Well done, you totally missed the point.

I said most music falls into a genre didn't I? I just said when people nit pick over sub genres and specifics is when it gets really lame.

Of course blink wouldn't fall into hip hop, it's when people start going on whether they are pop, pop punk, punk etc...

Or 'no that isn't post hardcore, that's metalcore' etc...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I like the MGK stuff. 

The more older I get, I view everything with electric guitars simply as "Rock" if someone asks me about a genre 😅

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Lolll. No. Just stay away from @Feeling_This_1. Apparently he’s the neighborhood pedo. @Speedo will confirm!

But Speedo The Pedo has such a ring to it...

7 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Lolll. No. Just stay away from @Feeling_This_1. Apparently he’s the neighborhood pedo. @Speedo will confirm!

• Like 1