New generation of pop punk

Champ182

3 minutes ago, Slipperypoofromsombrero said:

These are pretty darned good. Off With Their Heads to me is good pop punk, but I could see some categorizing them as post hardcore or just plain punk. Their album “Home” is dope. 

Off With Their Heads is one of my favorites, if you like them check out Banner Pilot.

9 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Direct Hit is fun but it's all the same song. 

it's more accurate to say it's all one song. because they exclusively write concept albums. so you have to listen to it all at once, the whole album, track by track, as one "work." like NOFX's the decline, but it's got track breaks.

having direct hit! show up in your shuffle for one song just doesn't work.

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

it's more accurate to say it's all one song. because they exclusively write concept albums. so you have to listen to it all at once, the whole album, track by track, as one "work." like NOFX's the decline, but it's got track breaks.

This is very true. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

Really?! Weird, I never knew that!

7 hours ago, bojangles said:

Iron Chic is great, they pretty much have a cult following here in NYC, I don't see many people from different states knowing about them

I love them! They are one of the most underrated & relatable bands on the planet. Latterman too!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, daveyjones said:

I know what you mean but there's loads that work on their own, I have a few on shuffle. 

34 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Hey great stuff @bojangles! Exactly the kind of thing I hoped to find in this thread. They sound a lot more like my personal sense of "pop punk" than the FOB/ATL/Panic school of bands out there.

Also listen to Spanish Love Songs, Schmaltz is an incredible pop punk album, their most recent album Brace Faces Everyone is the best album of 2020 so far

24 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yea they are like the menzingers' sadder, angrier kid brother. great stuff.

I can't do too much of that stuff, gets to be a bummer after a while. I love Menzingers but they'll never be a favorite band of mine simply 'cause they lack the silly, fun attitude I gravitate towards.