New generation of pop punk

Champ182

On 9/2/2020 at 7:48 AM, Depf said:

E----7-----5-----4----

B-------5-----5-----5.

+ tattooed drummer = poppunk

get with the program speedo!

edit : actually there is good new poppunk out there 

I don't mind the Bombpops, but man did they steal that intro bass riff from Don't Forget Me by the RHCP. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 7:07 PM, Adrianm14 said:

11, most of it is really good. Theres a few im gonna have to give a few listens. The one with Halsey RIPS tho. I love it. 

'forget me too' is incredible.

Whole album is solid, people who like the poppier side of pop punk going to find a lot to like here.  Feels like the natural evolution of pop punk given where the rest of pop went over the last decade.  Travis is so talented man.

• Like 1

I made it through like 4 tracks, kiss kiss is basically identical to bloody valentine, and it's very cheesy corny paint by numbers pop punk sound, but it's fucking better than modern blink. Still not my thing but I find it hysterical how much riffier this is considering it's basically pop music. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

I made it through like 4 tracks, kiss kiss is basically identical to bloody valentine, and it's very cheesy corny paint by numbers pop punk sound, but it's fucking better than modern blink. Still not my thing but I find it hysterical how much riffier this is considering it's basically pop music. 

That's because you're not desperately clinging on to your youth.

wow Halsey sounds great. Between the both of them they could bring a huge new following to the genre and blink. Both are huge Blink fans and you can hear blinks influence All over this album. Let’s hope between MGK, Halsey and yungblud pop punk gains a new following. I love hip hop but I’m fucking sick of hearing it everywhere 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

wow Halsey sounds great. Between the both of them they could bring a huge new following to the genre and blink. Both are huge Blink fans and you can hear blinks influence All over this album. Let’s hope between MGK, Halsey and yungblud pop punk gains a new following. I love hip hop but I’m fucking sick of hearing it everywhere 

Helps that Travis produced the record and drums on all the songs :)

• Like 1

I listened to the album and it's not my thing at all. I like one track but if this album can help gain pop punk music or alt rock music a bigger following, then I'm all for it. Like Scott I'm sick of the same old tired music that's been dominating the charts for the past decade and a half.

It's about time chart music became more diverse like it used to be.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2020 at 6:09 PM, Scott. said:

This song is great, feel like we have a very similar taste in pop punk Scotty lad.

• Like 2