New generation of pop punk

Champ182

Just now, Mard_Smartiest_Blinkfan said:

thats a terrific album and john felldman worked on it

im not on the "hating petite charlotte is kool"

lol hating good charlotte.. ahah grow up already

That was the first album I ever bought with my own money and I love it still to this day. Finally saw them live a few years ago and they played a lot of songs off that record. It was probably one of the most fun shows I've been to! They were my intro to pop punk.

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

That was the first album I ever bought with my own money and I love it still to this day. Finally saw them live a few years ago and they played a lot of songs off that record. It was probably one of the most fun shows I've been to! They were my intro to pop punk.

when theres the cracking noises and the hold on riff starts,

when Joel says "all the things we talked about, you know they stay on my mind" with that deep music in the back

the palm muted guitar in young and the hopeless that sounds so big and like a big fan spinning totally fitting the colour and theme of the song

that beautiful acoustic riff at the beginning of emotionless with that dark and rainy day feel with that bit of golden light shining in

theres of everything on that record

fast slow 

up down

it talks about so many interesting life stuff in ways that realy gets you and that cuts realy deep

every song feels like another chapter in the book

thats the signature of a masterpiece

cDiNlQu.jpeg

The Young and the Hopeless was an awesome album for me when I was 9. I remember having a wireless CD player and taking that album with me anywhere I go back in 2002. It was my album of the year back then (Currently I'd choose Boxcar Racer of course). Whenever I listen to it nowadays though, it just doesn't blow me away like it used to.

But damn, the album does bring back good memories. 2000-2002 were probably my favourite ever years of my life. Hold On is my favourite and is still one of my all time favourite tracks. Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous is still pretty damn good and holds up well for me. The rest are just songs I can't get into although I'll admit I do sing/hum the odd line or two from the other singles haha.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Champ182 said:

I just heard these guys recently and I'm digging this song. Kinda reminds me of a more laid back Saves The Day.

Oso Oso was the last show I went to before covid hit (it was actually in October 2019). I highly recommend this Oso Oso album, it's catchy as hell and very chill. I also love their other album, The Yunahon Mixtape. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 3:45 PM, Champ182 said:

Another great addition to the pop punk Christmas song canon! I love Charly Bliss and PUP and they sound great together. This rules and actually gives me a very early 2000s Blink-ish vibe.

this is a really great song and a perfect addition to the pop punk Christmas canon, but why does the mix sound so weird? I feel like I’m listening to an early version. the guy from PUP sounds perfect but her vocals sound like they were recorded underwater. likewise the guitars seem buried. am I crazy? I think when I looked it said it was mixed by one of the band members of Charly bliss, and I think they need to send it to a professional engineer lol

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

Tangentially, ever since I heard MGK's duet with Halsey, I've thought her vocals sounded kind of Avril-ish on the track. I think Halsey sounds shrill in parts and I bet Avril would have sounded better.

I switched that song off immediately, she sounds dreadful. I'd never heard her before but yuch. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1