New generation of pop punk

Champ182

18 hours ago, Kay said:

I switched that song off immediately, she sounds dreadful. I'd never heard her before but yuch. 

I had the same opinion as you on this with that 11 minutes song except with Yungblud. As soon as I heard Yungblud singing, I had to turn it off. Halsey I didn't mind. The MGK song called I Think I'm OK was great until Yungblud started singing.

On 12/23/2020 at 3:56 PM, boxelder said:

this is a really great song and a perfect addition to the pop punk Christmas canon, but why does the mix sound so weird? I feel like I’m listening to an early version. the guy from PUP sounds perfect but her vocals sound like they were recorded underwater. likewise the guitars seem buried. am I crazy? I think when I looked it said it was mixed by one of the band members of Charly bliss, and I think they need to send it to a professional engineer lol

Haha I think her vocals always seem to have some type of chorus-y effect on them, maybe that's it? I didn't think too much about the mix just since it seemed to be a DIY type of release haha

23 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I don't like her either. Her song "Together' is a guilty pleasure for me though.

You don’t like Avril, yet you’re aware of and love some obscure some by her. Sureeeee you don’t like her. You don’t gotta lie to kick it pal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Hating Avril was the thing to do for insecure wannabe punks in the early '00s. I guess some people haven't moved past that stage.

Orrrrr it’s quite simple that some people just don’t like her annoying music or manufactured image 

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

I love her image! I'd love it even more naked!

Funny story, when I was 10 I was a big fan of her music and we had recently gotten a computer. My mum told me about this software called Kazaa and taught me how to download songs using it (we haven't downloaded songs illegally for over 13 years as we now know the effects of it). I downloaded music from most of my favourite artists at the time. This included basically anything that was pop punk/pop rock sounding, even as far as Busted.

When it came to Avril Lavigne, I tried downloading her song called Naked. When it finally downloaded, I double clicked the file and then I got a nude photo of Avril. It was one of those edited ones where they planted Avril's face onto someone else's body. Had to explain to my mum why that image was on the computer. I didn't check the "mp3" files or "img" files or anything like that. I had no idea what they even were. I thought I was downloading the damn song.