New generation of pop punk

Champ182

8 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Lmfao yea cuz weed is such a horrible drug and soooo addictive...haha talk about a moron 

Why would he lie about doing drugs like cocaine? That drug carries some bad stigma and is a popular party drug that young people are into. 

I just don't get what your angle is here, man. Saying that MGK's lyrics (largely based on drugs/anxiety/insecurities/etc.) seem genuine and believable doesn't seem like a stretch at all to me. I don't need a video of him shooting heroin to know he's probably done a lot of hard drugs and partied hard given his young age, fame, and persona. And ironically, long-term weed use clinically has been linked to heightened anxiety, so there you go. 

Seems like you just enjoy being difficult/a contrarian for the sake of rustling feathers and getting attention, which makes you the new forum edge lord. I think @Gaslit Jan can begin the inauguration ceremony. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

Seems like you just enjoy being difficult/a contrarian for the sake of rustling feathers and getting attention, which makes you the new forum edge lord. I think @Gaslit Jan can begin the inauguration ceremony. 

I’ve felt he should change his name to “Diddy Edgelord” for a while now.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

I’ve felt he should change his name to “Diddy Edgelord” for a while now.

That’s cute, but recognizing MGk’s cheesiness isn’t exactly edgy or new....sorry you’re blinded by whatever weird love you have for him...lol I’m certainly not the 1st or millionth person to recognize he’s a lame with shitty music...i know it’s hard for you fanboys to understand but it’s actually not a hot take at all 

3 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

That’s cute, but recognizing MGk’s cheesiness isn’t exactly edgy or new....sorry you’re blinded by whatever weird love you have for him...lol I’m certainly not the 1st or millionth person to recognize he’s a lame with shitty music...i know it’s hard for you fanboys to understand but it’s actually not a hot take at all 

Was more referring to the way you act all over the boards not just here.

Im not a MGK fan. I’m a tickets to my downfall fan though. Good record. I don’t believe anything about him is genuine at all either.

Album is still good. You’re still an edge lord.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

This looks like a strawman to me. Something can be cheesy and genuine at the same time. You're entitled to criticize and not like MGK's music and lyrics, but that still doesn't really refute my point about the majority of his lyrics seeming genuine and honest. Seems like you're posting based on your emotions and not on logic or reason. 

8 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

This looks like a strawman to me. Something can be cheesy and genuine at the same time. You're entitled to criticize and not like MGK's music and lyrics, but that still doesn't really refute my point about the majority of his lyrics seeming genuine and honest. Seems like you're posting based on your emotions and not on logic or reason. 

I’m saying there’s an intangible about him that is off putting and makes him cheesy and disingenuous. That’s fine if you don’t see it...his pop punk music is as lame and bland as his “rap” music and he’s just a wannabe. Good for him for making money, bet he doesn’t make as much as you’d think being that he’s owned by the real Diddy lol

1 minute ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I’m saying there’s an intangible about him that is off putting and makes him cheesy and disingenuous. That’s fine if you don’t see it...his pop punk music is as lame and bland as his “rap” music and he’s just a wannabe. Good for him for making money, bet he doesn’t make as much as you’d think being that he’s owned by the real Diddy lol

I think I know what you mean. Is this same criticism applicable to 90% of current mainstream / top 40 artists? 

Seems like you have difficulty relating to the new generation of pop music, which is probably historically like the most common reason people grow out of new music. You're getting old lol 

• Like 4

I don't like the dude, got bored after a few tracks on the album, and I also find him quite cringe - but Diddy's arguments are more cringy. 

Just let people like what they like, man.

• Like 2
  • Crab 2

7 hours ago, Tom Bot said:

I think I know what you mean. Is this same criticism applicable to 90% of current mainstream / top 40 artists? 

Seems like you have difficulty relating to the new generation of pop music, which is probably historically like the most common reason people grow out of new music. You're getting old lol 

Lol thank you, and you’re not wrong. I’m 34 so yes, I just can’t relate to MGK or get excited about high school musicals 

7 hours ago, Gaslit Jan said:

Hating on MGK for making a very good album because you didn't like him previously is like edgelords hating on blink even though they loved Self Titled but categorize them with All The Small Things

Aka your insides are weak, and edgy.

It’s not a good album though, it’s lame and cringe 

24 minutes ago, Kay said:

I don't like the dude, got bored after a few tracks on the album, and I also find him quite cringe - but Diddy's arguments are more cringy. 

Just let people like what they like, man.

They can like what they like. Jesus Christ I don’t fault them for that. I said smoking weed doesn’t make him edgy, but I guess people will spend all day trying to argue why it is lol

• Crab 1

The emo trap sound is undeniably a wave that is growing among high school kids (it used to be just trap and hip-hop until a few years ago) and a mainstream artist like MGK making that kind of music is a consequence of that. It's absolutely worth talking about it in that sense, even if you didn't like the album. What's good to me is just that kids are listening to some guitar music and it's cool if this helps any type of music featuring the guitar and drums survive and possibly even prosper again.

• Like 2