New generation of pop punk

Champ182

43 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

Can someone explain what the term “trap” means for music genres to me?

"trap" refers to a place where drug deals happen. the genre of music originated in the Southern US, and the lyricism revolves around the culture of traphouses.

musically: synthesized drums (hi-hats, kick drums, 808s, snare), bass-heavy, uses very few other instruments. supposed to be more atmospheric/about the vibes. crossed over to the mainstream in the 2010s - Drake, Migos, Future, Post Malone, Travis Scott. 

i enjoy Travis Scott, i think he's pretty creative.

• Like 2

I'm gonna write my thoughts as I listen. 

Bloody Valentine is genuinely a good song ... the 3 songs previous weren't. He sings everything with a fat tongue and 4 songs in it's irksome.

Lonely is the first honest song on the album and I appreciate that, the verses are well written. The chorus is kind of weak though. The 2 preceding tracks weren't very enjoyable, just more of the same from the first 3 on the album. I didn't mind the chick singing though, it sounded good.

WWIII is fun, cheesy but fun, I like it, it's a shame it's so quick.

Concert for Aliens reminds me of the Blink copycat bands on the American Pie soundtrack and I've always had a soft spot for that sound. The bridge is annoying ... thin your fucking tongue out and enunciate, dammit. I like this one too! The Eminem-esque skit before it was lame almost as lame as the song after Concert for Aliens ... theme of the album seems to be he doesn't fall in love ... he just writes about I constantly.

I don't know why I saw Jawbreaker in the track list and had hopes it was a nod to the band ... that was stupid of me. 

His style is playing vocals off the drum, syllables being emphasized in between beats ... he does it on most of the songs. It works for some, it doesn't work for Nothing Inside, the chorus fucks it up ... although the chorus is good and one of the more enjoyable choruses after Bloody Valentine.

It'd be cool if the interlude was instrumental ... and they cut the stupid talking ... I thought he didn't do love.

Play This When I'm Gone is nice, I hope he doesn't ruin it ... he didn't! Good on him! I really like the strings being picked, thought that was great!

Oh, look, a deluxe version  ... sure, why not. 

Speaking of Body Bag ... I legitimately thought Bert McCracken was dead ... he isn't apparently. I can see why this song didn't make the cut for the album ... it just kind meanders. 

A few of the songs on this sound like they were just failed early versions of Bloody Valentine verses but they used them for other songs ... take for instance the verses for whatever this song is called ... I can't be bothered to look it up, it sucks. It's all over the place.

Does every god damn track need an audio hot take?! I don't think that's what it's called ... I used to know the name for it ... when you are recording and you talk into the mic to the producer and whatever you said makes it to the final version as a little easter egg? Anyway, not a fan of this song ... split a pill and break up? Just take the whole thing, you're gonna break up anyway, what is she gonna do, be upset? 

Can't Look Back ... can't skip forward 'cause I committed to listening to this whole thing and, by gum, I'm going to do it. HANGOVER CURE! That's the damn name of that song ... insert lame joke about not curing a hangover here ...

Oh, that song is over and now it's an unnecessary cover played exactly the same as the original band who performed and sang it better. If you aren't bringing anything new to a song then you should not record a cover of it. Live covers are fine, no one is gonna remember you did a shit job of covering it anyway. Also, he changed the pronouns ... pussy ... commit or don't fucking bother. You sing the damn song about winning the boy or you don't sing it at all. Eat a dick, Machine Gun Kelly, you apologist. 

Acoustic Bloody Valentine could have been great but the music doesn't fit the vocals. I mean, I guess, if you have a cash cow then you gotta milk it but thia is the audio version of skim milk so what's the fucking point, breakfast is ruined and I hate my wife now.

I mean, I see how you kids could like this album and I don't hate all of it but it's just mostly irreverent nods to drugs and puberty feelings. It's not really treading new ground and it's mostly mimicking the worst parts of mid 2000's pop punk. If Travis played drums on it then it was nice hearing him calm the fuck down on fills and frills.

Neck Deep is playing now ... this band is a leaking bag of abortions. They're Simple Plans, somehow, miraculously more flamboyant, lispy little brother. Fuck this nonsense.

• Like 3
  • Crab 1

Fuck, I feel old. Look, it's not like I could or have ever done better making music than MGK. So, if you like these tunes then take my opinion for a grain of salt, I'm not the end all to be all of music connoisseurs. No one should care about my shitty opinion anymore than I care about your shitty music tastes. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hail Satan said:

Fuck, I feel old. Look, it's not like I could or have ever done better making music than MGK. So, if you like these tunes then take my opinion for a grain of salt, I'm not the end all to be all of music connoisseurs. No one should care about my shitty opinion anymore than I care about your shitty music tastes. 

Whatever, old man!

2 hours ago, Hail Satan said:

I mean, I see how you kids could like this album and I don't hate all of it but it's just mostly irreverent nods to drugs and puberty feelings. It's not really treading new ground and it's mostly mimicking the worst parts of mid 2000's pop punk. If Travis played drums on it then it was nice hearing him calm the fuck down on fills and frills.

Nice, sounds like blink 10/10

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

The little talking bits in between songs are the worst. Feel so forced. I Diddy Cringelord every time one of the comes on.

Could have done without some of them but Kevin and Barracuda and his clip with Megan Fox are worthy imo.

*alien voice* don’t forget to bring the weeeed

10 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Could have done without some of them but Kevin and Barracuda and his clip with Megan Fox are worthy imo.

*alien voice* don’t forget to bring the weeeed

I’d accept just 1 per album. Kevin and the barracuda is funny but when listening to the whole album I still find it annoying because of the others.

3 hours ago, Hail Satan said:

I'm gonna write my thoughts as I listen. 

Bloody Valentine is genuinely a good song ... the 3 songs previous weren't. He sings everything with a fat tongue and 4 songs in it's irksome.

Lonely is the first honest song on the album and I appreciate that, the verses are well written. The chorus is kind of weak though. The 2 preceding tracks weren't very enjoyable, just more of the same from the first 3 on the album. I didn't mind the chick singing though, it sounded good.

WWIII is fun, cheesy but fun, I like it, it's a shame it's so quick.

Concert for Aliens reminds me of the Blink copycat bands on the American Pie soundtrack and I've always had a soft spot for that sound. The bridge is annoying ... thin your fucking tongue out and enunciate, dammit. I like this one too! The Eminem-esque skit before it was lame almost as lame as the song after Concert for Aliens ... theme of the album seems to be he doesn't fall in love ... he just writes about I constantly.

I don't know why I saw Jawbreaker in the track list and had hopes it was a nod to the band ... that was stupid of me. 

His style is playing vocals off the drum, syllables being emphasized in between beats ... he does it on most of the songs. It works for some, it doesn't work for Nothing Inside, the chorus fucks it up ... although the chorus is good and one of the more enjoyable choruses after Bloody Valentine.

It'd be cool if the interlude was instrumental ... and they cut the stupid talking ... I thought he didn't do love.

Play This When I'm Gone is nice, I hope he doesn't ruin it ... he didn't! Good on him! I really like the strings being picked, thought that was great!

Oh, look, a deluxe version  ... sure, why not. 

Speaking of Body Bag ... I legitimately thought Bert McCracken was dead ... he isn't apparently. I can see why this song didn't make the cut for the album ... it just kind meanders. 

A few of the songs on this sound like they were just failed early versions of Bloody Valentine verses but they used them for other songs ... take for instance the verses for whatever this song is called ... I can't be bothered to look it up, it sucks. It's all over the place.

Does every god damn track need an audio hot take?! I don't think that's what it's called ... I used to know the name for it ... when you are recording and you talk into the mic to the producer and whatever you said makes it to the final version as a little easter egg? Anyway, not a fan of this song ... split a pill and break up? Just take the whole thing, you're gonna break up anyway, what is she gonna do, be upset? 

Can't Look Back ... can't skip forward 'cause I committed to listening to this whole thing and, by gum, I'm going to do it. HANGOVER CURE! That's the damn name of that song ... insert lame joke about not curing a hangover here ...

Oh, that song is over and now it's an unnecessary cover played exactly the same as the original band who performed and sang it better. If you aren't bringing anything new to a song then you should not record a cover of it. Live covers are fine, no one is gonna remember you did a shit job of covering it anyway. Also, he changed the pronouns ... pussy ... commit or don't fucking bother. You sing the damn song about winning the boy or you don't sing it at all. Eat a dick, Machine Gun Kelly, you apologist. 

Acoustic Bloody Valentine could have been great but the music doesn't fit the vocals. I mean, I guess, if you have a cash cow then you gotta milk it but thia is the audio version of skim milk so what's the fucking point, breakfast is ruined and I hate my wife now.

Neck Deep is playing now ... this band is a leaking bag of abortions. They're Simple Plans, somehow, miraculously more flamboyant, lispy little brother. Fuck this nonsense.

Too long didn't read. What a moron

• Crab 1