New generation of pop punk

Champ182

22 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I remember when local bands used to say "we're not mainstream" or "we're not sellouts" and all those statements meant that they sounded like crap 

I was joking ... that mentality is fucking dumb. Sell out, make the money while you can 'cause lofty ideals aren't going to put food on the table and the self-righteous pricks preaching punk ethics aren't going to put a roof over your head when you're all spent musically. 

15 minutes ago, Hail Satan said:

I was joking ... that mentality is fucking dumb. Sell out, make the money while you can 'cause lofty ideals aren't going to put food on the table and the self-righteous pricks preaching punk ethics aren't going to put a roof over your head when you're all spent musically. 

Haha yeah I understood that, I should have put a "lmfao" or something after my post so you understood the joke behind it. But it was always hilarious when you met those kind of bands in the younger days that had their "morals", each of them sounded like horse crap 😂

• Like 1

I don't get why it would matter if MGK is a douche either, most artists are. I feel the same way about pretentious indie emo lofi modern rock bands. They think they are rock stars posting their hashtags and acting cocky, standoffish unless talking to one of their other pretentious artist friends.

I never cared about MGK before this. I heard about him like 10 years ago and liked 2 songs before this album. 

1 minute ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I don't get why it would matter if MGK is a douche either, most artists are. I feel the same way about pretentious indie emo lofi modern rock bands. They think they are rock stars posting their hashtags and acting cocky, standoffish unless talking to one of their other pretentious artist friends.

I never cared about MGK before this. I heard about him like 10 years ago and liked 2 songs before this album. 

Whatever the kids like has got to be good for business, huh?!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hail Satan said:

Feeling_Kids only likes MGK because he is a pedophile who uses whatever trends the kids are into these days to groom them.

Sounds about right. This is random, but whatever happened to Thongrider? I wonder what his hot take is on this album of the year for blink-182online.com is

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

The thing is though, multiple people have listed multiple different songs off the album that they consider to be good besides Bloody Valentine. To me that says it's a pretty damn solid album. Always a good sign when people have various favorites outside of the lead song/s.

nothing inside is a fucking tune.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

This video is interesting.

I struggle with this guys videos. I've watched quite a few but I find him really patronizing about the power of music itself. He likes to dilute things down to absolutes but they're mostly just based on his opinion more than anything else.

I did watch this one and I kind of see what he's saying but I really don't think that rock stopped writing songs about partying and therefore the genre died - it's a bit of an extreme takeaway. 

• Like 1