New generation of pop punk

Champ182

10 minutes ago, Kay said:

I struggle with this guys videos. I've watched quite a few but I find him really patronizing about the power of music itself. He likes to dilute things down to absolutes but they're mostly just based on his opinion more than anything else.

I did watch this one and I kind of see what he's saying but I really don't think that rock stopped writing songs about partying and therefore the genre died - it's a bit of an extreme takeaway. 

Yeah, I often find his videos annoying, but I thought this one was decent. And I agree that his analysis is oversimplified, but I think there's something to it. When rock eventually comes back to the mainstream, it'll be interesting to see if it's a fun/party version.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 7:56 AM, JarJarBlinks said:

I like the album but some of his KREW are super cringe.  yUnGbLoOd and bLaCk BeAr.  Song with Halsey is 12/10 though.

Also lol at the Cali haters being big fans of this album.  Talk about strange times.

You watch the making of Bloody Valentine on youtube?
There's this semi-fat blonde guy that kinda looks like Fat Mike from NOFX and he seems like the biggest douchebag leech I've ever seen. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ghent said:

I've been preaching this shit for years. Everyone is way too uptight about rock music and took the fun out of it. This board being a prime example.

Is it tho?

People shit on new Blink mainly because: (a) the production sucked (mainly the Cali era, it sounded so flat and compressed); (b) Skiba couldn't replace Tom in terms of the chemistry and guitar riffs (his live performances didn't help either); and (c) the band started hiring outside writers and seemed to lack direction at times. 

I think those are all legit criticisms that don't really relate to that video. 

• Like 2

On 1/31/2021 at 2:38 AM, Ghent said:

This is for you @Diddy Faplord. I dare you to watch this clip and shit on it.

It’s cringe man. Horrible. The music fucking sucks and I don’t know how you don’t see through it. Even my gf who grew up loving fall out boy and MCR and shit like that and watched his SNL performance and can see that he’s just a try hard. Sorry that you find this shit epic somehow. Anyways new subject, not trying to just shit on things some people enjoy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Crab 1

8 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

It’s cringe man. Horrible. The music fucking sucks and I don’t know how you don’t see through it. Even my gf who grew up loving fall out boy and MCR and shit like that and watched his SNL performance and can see that he’s just a try hard. Sorry that you find this shit epic somehow. Anyways new subject, not trying to just shit on things some people enjoy. 

I don't like how he's playing that guitar.

30 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I find it incredibly sad if this is what you guys think is saving rock and roll 

No one said it was saving rock and roll, the claim has only been that he's regaining mainstream interest in pop punk. Two very different things. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

No one said it was saving rock and roll, the claim has only been that he's regaining mainstream interest in pop punk. Two very different things. 

Well the way it’s gloated about around here, basically the same thing. Here’s a great article about the album! Thank God I’m not the only one who sees through this garbage. Thought I was going crazy.

https://thewittenbergtorch.com/machine-gun-kelly-crashes-and-burns-on-his-first-pop-punk-lp/

7 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Well the way it’s gloated about around here, basically the same thing. Here’s a great article about the album! Thank God I’m not the only one who sees through this garbage. Thought I was going crazy.

https://thewittenbergtorch.com/machine-gun-kelly-crashes-and-burns-on-his-first-pop-punk-lp/

Did you google "MGK pop punk terrible review 0/10" to get this to come up?

I don't think it's a masterpiece but it has some really good, fun songs.  The hate is odd. 

43 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I find it incredibly sad if this is what you guys think is saving rock and roll 

I don't think anything of the sort! I liked 3 songs on the entire album (3 songs I'll never listen to again). Personally, it's not my thing but if that's what other people are into, well, more power to them. You shouldn't have to justify your own musical tastes to anyone else. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I don't think anything of the sort! I liked 3 songs on the entire album (3 songs I'll never listen to again). Personally, it's not my thing but if that's what other people are into, well, more power to them. You shouldn't have to justify your own musical tastes to anyone else. 

I wasn’t speaking to you directly, just the general consensus over here. And you’re very right, nobody should have to justify liking this album and I don’t want them to. I had forgotten about it until Ghent tried to tout this wack SNL performance as some type of epic performance for the ages lol

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Diddy hasn't listened to a single song, yet has devoted this much energy into shitting this thread

Saw those two songs her performed, they’re horrible and bland. Just not genuine music. It makes me gag. I also heard whatever his first single was , whatever video that included that washed up actress in... how much do I need to keep listening? A turd is a turd is a turd lol

12 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Did you google "MGK pop punk terrible review 0/10" to get this to come up?

I don't think it's a masterpiece but it has some really good, fun songs.  The hate is odd. 

No I just googled MGK review lol. I’m clearly outnumbered here and I wish Ghent didn’t bring it up because I’m not trying to be the no fun police lol. Carry on and enjoy whatever you want!