New generation of pop punk

Champ182

6 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I already know MGK isn't in my wheelhouse at all, but I don't really feel the need to shit on him in general even though I'm kinda mystified by his appeal. That being said, that SNL clip sounded more like a Creed/Nickelback/Staind type of vibe than pop-punk.

It really is intriguing isn’t it? It’s a classic case of more style than substance...good marketing. There is a reason MGK decided to get hair plugs...without that...he’d be bald with no career right now. 

12 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I already know MGK isn't in my wheelhouse at all, but I don't really feel the need to shit on him in general even though I'm kinda mystified by his appeal. That being said, that SNL clip sounded more like a Creed/Nickelback/Staind type of vibe than pop-punk.

the other song he did was a lot more up my alley.  song about exes or something.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

It really is intriguing isn’t it? It’s a classic case of more style than substance...good marketing. There is a reason MGK decided to get hair plugs...without that...he’d be bald with no career right now. 

There's hope for us 30+ year old balding fucks yet!

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Kay said:

No one said it was saving rock and roll, the claim has only been that he's regaining mainstream interest in pop punk. Two very different things. 

People thought the same when 5 Seconds of summer came about but nothing really happened.. And they got all the teenage girls around their finger there for a couple of years

What is the difference to MGK? Is he really regaining mainstream interest in pop punk music or is it just already fans to the music that listening to him like every other new act?

Pop punk today is like our generations 70s rock music, it will always be there but will never be mainstream again, that's just my two cents

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

This has become like the Leo Dehoe thread where 2 or 3 people who hate him just couldn't help themselves and HAD to keep posting there even though the forum has like 25 sections and 45 million other topics to post in.

That's quite the astute observation there,  Einstein. Please, go on, wow us with more of your intellect!

5 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

This has become like the Leo Dehoe thread where 2 or 3 people who hate him just couldn't help themselves and HAD to keep posting there even though the forum has like 25 sections and 45 million other topics to post in.

Actually, if you paid attention, I had dropped it and left, and was baited back in for my opinion on his shitty SNL performance. 

1 minute ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Actually, if you paid attention, I had dropped it and left, and was baited back in for my opinion on his shitty SNL performance. 

And I didn't say anything about good or bad either. I don't like it, but I understand why people do, it's well produced pop punk. Nothing less and nothing more. 

I just don't like his voice, and believe me, I've had to listen to it as my girlfriend loves it 😶

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Ignore the pedo, he just likes to chime in every once in a while to throw the FBI off his trail.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been discussed yet. 

Idk who this guy is but his voice is much less annoying than MGK and Avril is... There? Lol. interesting to see how well the track is doing. 

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Not sure if this has been discussed yet. 

Idk who this guy is but his voice is much less annoying than MGK and Avril is... There? Lol. interesting to see how well the track is doing. 

Apparently these two are dating...he has Avril’s name tattooed on the back of his next lol. 

4 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Apparently these two are dating...he has Avril’s name tattooed on the back of his next lol. 

Eww.

You ever have someone's relationship choices ruin their appeal? Avril can kiss my sweet dick goodbye now.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Mate between knowing whose dating who and who follows who on Instagram you’re just a regular high school gossip girl aren’t ya? You sure you’re not a MGK fan?

• Haha 2