New generation of pop punk

Champ182

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

Mate between knowing whose dating who and who follows who on Instagram you’re just a regular high school gossip girl aren’t ya? You sure you’re not a MGK fan?

I can’t help Facebook algorithms but go ahead and attack me for what pops up in my feed. And not a chance, MGK is shit from his raps to his “pop punk” whatever you wanna call it...garbage is garbage

20 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I can’t help Facebook algorithms but go ahead and attack me for what pops up in my feed. And not a chance, MGK is shit from his raps to his “pop punk” whatever you wanna call it...garbage is garbage

Fucking hell Cringelord it was a joke. I was making fun of myself Liking teen shit too mate. 

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

Fucking hell Cringelord it was a joke. I was making fun of myself Liking teen shit too mate. 

I mean you’re not wrong I sounded like a gossip girl lol just saying I can’t help some of the weird shit I see, just by chance 

38 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Yeah how do you go from Deryk from Sum 41 to the guy from Nickelback?

Easy, Deryk was a drunken waste. Hell if my option were that and Chad, I'd pick Chad in a heart beat. You're marrying that sweet Nickleback money, not the music. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Kay said:

Not sure if this has been discussed yet. 

Idk who this guy is but his voice is much less annoying than MGK and Avril is... There? Lol. interesting to see how well the track is doing. 

This is another one that sounds way more like early 00s post-grunge/nu-metal than pop punk to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah Avril’s punk cred really took a hit when she married some bloke cause she was into him rather then the quality of his music.

She had so much punk cred up to that point too. I don’t know what’s more lame, Nickelback or fake wannabe edgy artists like Avril and MGK. They’re all laughable and on the same level if you ask me

1 hour ago, Diddy Faplord said:

She had so much punk cred up to that point too. I don’t know what’s more lame, Nickelback or fake wannabe edgy artists like Avril and MGK. They’re all laughable and on the same level if you ask me

I reckon the people over 12 who actually give a fuck are the most lame.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I actually have a lot of time for Avril. 

She could've easily turned herself into a full on pop star, and she never did. Think about the likes of Gaga or Taylor Swift who changed their core music to become superstars - Avril was always basically a simple singer songwriter who liked punk and the culture and even when the music didn't remotely suit it, she still did. 

Yes, her music is mostly just pop, but she wasn't and she didn't change who she was to fit that image and strive for that level of success, and I respect that. The only time she changed it up was purely for her Japanese audience and we fucking hated that, but they adored it over there. 

Plus, like her music or not - she showed little girls everywhere that they can like shitty music and play guitar and piano if they want to. I taught loads of little girls guitar because of Avril and I am beyond ecstatic that she encouraged a bunch of girls to pick up the guitar. She's obviously not the only one, but she's def an important inspiration for a lot of female musicians (and if you weren't aware, that's a heck of a rarity). 

Also, cringe as some of it is, she actually has some alright songs. 

• Like 4