New generation of pop punk

Champ182

On 2/11/2021 at 6:03 PM, Gaslit Jan said:

*MGK tweets something about Eminem's 16 year old daughter being super hot*

*Eminem (supposedly) semi-blacklists MGK from various ins to the industry out of spite*

**6 years later**

*MGK subliminally disses Eminem on a feature, saying he's not a rap God or something lame*

*Eminem releases Kamikaze dissing all the modern rappers including MGK like 3 times:

*MGK goes super out of the way, probably on the wrong drugs to release this straight up diss track on Eminem:

*Eminem 7 days later releases this:

*MGK begins to do Pop Punk, albeit very good pop punk*

Don't care what anyone says but MGK destroyed M&M's there lol 😂 Em just comes off as a boomer ranting with his diss, "man bun, mumble rappers i'm more famous blah blah" plus MGK's beat sounds sick while Killshot sounds ancient and whack af. Also Hotel Diablo > Music To Get Murdered By (both post diss albums)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, asdf182 said:

Don't care what anyone says but MGK destroyed M&M's there lol 😂 Em just comes off as a boomer ranting with his diss, "man bun, mumble rappers i'm more famous blah blah" plus MGK's beat sounds sick while Killshot sounds ancient and whack af. Also Hotel Diablo > Music To Get Murdered By (both post diss albums)

I actually agree with just about everything MGK was saying (it was surprisingly pretty good and funny), he raises some good points (why is he still so mad anyways? Boomer)

But Eminem's was such a throwback, it was pretty damn funny too so I was surprised he still had some of that too since he's been pretty washed for a while now. Calling him Stan, his son and stuff made me chuckle.  Also that 2pac line was so nuts can't believe he said that.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gaslit Jan said:

I actually agree with just about everything MGK was saying (it was surprisingly pretty good and funny), he raises some good points (why is he still so mad anyways? Boomer)

But Eminem's was such a throwback, it was pretty damn funny too so I was surprised he still had some of that too since he's been pretty washed for a while now. Calling him Stan, his son and stuff made me chuckle.  Also that 2pac line was so nuts can't believe he said that.

It only took a millenial to diss him for him to get some of that edge back xD

19 minutes ago, asdf182 said:

It only took a millenial to diss him for him to get some of that edge back xD

I know, it's pretty lame, but maybe Eminem was cloned? I saw that conspiracy floating around.

It's hard to think he'd let MGK get under his skin, or it was just purposeful because they're on the same label I believe, and the beef stuff has always sold.

Who knows

• Wow 2

1 hour ago, asdf182 said:

Never heard about that one! *heads to youtube*

Unfortunately, they've taken most the videos down (which makes it more fishy!) But there was some serious conspiracy/rumors going around that Eminem died/was killed in '05 and cloned, just like many celebrities/rappers (Gucci, Kodak Black, Dave Chappelle).

I mean Kanye was trying to tell us with the Famous video and his on stage rants! 

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, Unofficial Mod - Jan said:

Unfortunately, they've taken most the videos down (which makes it more fishy!) But there was some serious conspiracy/rumors going around that Eminem died/was killed in '05 and cloned, just like many celebrities/rappers (Gucci, Kodak Black, Dave Chappelle).

I mean Kanye was trying to tell us with the Famous video and his on stage rants! 

I remember the Gucci Mane one and also the infamous Paul McCartney is dead theory lol

Wasn't Kanye actually ranting about Drake or something? 😂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, asdf182 said:

I remember the Gucci Mane one and also the infamous Paul McCartney is dead theory lol

Wasn't Kanye actually ranting about Drake or something? 😂

He has a few, before they possibly killed him too..

The Drake one was just the intro to him telling everybody that Jay Z and Hillary Clinton are illuminati and kill people or something and then he ended the show lol

• Wow 1

29 minutes ago, scoobs said:

He’s not a rapper... I guess you just assumed

From Wikipedia:

"Kenneth La'ron, known by his stage name KennyHoopla, is an American singer, songwriter, and rapper. He is primarily known from his singles "Lost Cause", "How Will I Rest in Peace if I'm Buried by a Highway?", and "Estella". He released his debut EP How Will I Rest in Peace if I'm Buried by a Highway? on May 15, 2020."

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 10:39 PM, Unofficial Mod - Jan said:

or it was just purposeful because they're on the same label I believe, and the beef stuff has always sold.

Who knows

Of course it was, it’s all just business and money.

I’m taking a guess that 98% of all of those beefs are manufactured.

Hell, even the BSB v NSYNC beef was 80% manufactured.. 

13 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

Of course it was, it’s all just business and money.

I’m taking a guess that 98% of all of those beefs are manufactured.

Hell, even the BSB v NSYNC beef was 80% manufactured.. 

Would one even speculate that Tom and Mark beef was potentially manufactured?  Drive up sales, interest. But then master mind Finn passed and so they had to really drag it out, and weren't able to capitalize/write without him?

I've thought about it once or twice. It truly did boost their popularity,

• Crab 1

4 minutes ago, Unofficial Mod - Jan said:

Would one even speculate that Tom and Mark beef was potentially manufactured?  Drive up sales, interest. But then master mind Finn passed and so they had to really drag it out, and weren't able to capitalize/write without him?

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Nope. It hurt their careers way more than it helped it. I'm not really sure what barometer you're talking about when you say it boosted their popularity.

25 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Nope. It hurt their careers way more than it helped it. I'm not really sure what barometer you're talking about when you say it boosted their popularity.

It hurt their career, because Finn wasn't there for the great return.

I know this is a stretch, but sometimes I think they're totally fine (I mean these are grown adults acting like teenagers grudges) and just carrying out the beef for attention it gains (the only interest casuals have in blink anymore is if they were to rekindle - check instagram/youtube comments on anything) the most attention they get is Tom teasing he's reaching out to Mark or something.

OR it's way worse than they even project (heavy drug use, Tom financial strains, etc)

On 2/23/2021 at 3:03 PM, asdf182 said:

Lol what a joke. MGK didn’t destroy Eminem for shit, Eminem isn’t the one who had to go and start working in another genre of music now, is he? MGK brought up a few fair points, but his music or talent is nowhere near that of Eminem. Rap Devil’s flow and rhymes are wack. “Your beard is weird.” Great one! What’s funny is Eminem had already rapped about getting weird and growing beards back on “Business” from The Eminem Show. But yea, MGK totally won that when he had to steal Eminem’s own rhymes lol. Gtfo 

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

On 2/23/2021 at 4:39 PM, Unofficial Mod - Jan said:

I know, it's pretty lame, but maybe Eminem was cloned? I saw that conspiracy floating around.

It's hard to think he'd let MGK get under his skin, or it was just purposeful because they're on the same label I believe, and the beef stuff has always sold.

Who knows

He got under Em’s skin because MGK is wack, an imposter. In whatever genre he does. He’s fucking cheesy. As I’ve stated countless times 

7 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

He got under Em’s skin because MGK is wack, an imposter. In whatever genre he does. He’s fucking cheesy. As I’ve stated countless times 

I'm an asshole. I still ascribe by the whole "time spent in the trenches" of punk/pop punk. MGK just decided one day he was going to make guitar music and call it pop punk. There's no background to it, he didn't spend years developing his sound or style (which is why it sounds generic), which is why it rubs me the wrong way. I know it's nonsensical and I know I'm probably wrong in my ideals but ... c'est la vie, I guess. 

If you wanna throw some distorted power chord guitar over some mid-to-high tempo drums, fat tongued, snotty vocals and call it pop punk then, fine, be my guest but don't expect this old curmudgeon to accept your trespassing and not tell you to get the fuck off his lawn.

... Ruining my fucking daisies.

• Like 2
  • Crab 1