New generation of pop punk

Champ182

22 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

That’s where I was pointing at. To me it wasn’t even the best “former rapper starts doing pop punk” album of the year. Can’t stand MGKs voice, plus the amount of tuning makes me nauseous 

That's fair, but I was just pointing at the general reception it received was a successful one.  Honestly, Travis is a big reason why I like it so much (and I'm not huge on Travis) the production and variety of stuff they tributed was really cool to me.

1 minute ago, Unofficial Mod - Jan said:

That's fair, but I was just pointing at the general reception it received was a successful one.  Honestly, Travis is a big reason why I like it so much (and I'm not huge on Travis) the production and variety of stuff they tributed was really cool to me.

It's not a tribute, Jan ... its a "nod".

46 minutes ago, Unofficial Mod - Jan said:

Again, this doesn’t mean shit. So the industry is promoting MGK right now, big deal. He wouldn’t be anything if his fans didn’t think he was so hot and cute. There’s a reason he got that hair transplant. 

You wanna know who else had a #1 record? Milli Vanilli. That’s right. #1. Creed, Nickelback, NSYNC, and Backstreet Boys all have records that went diamond. So your point is moot. 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I had liberty spikes for awhile in high school.  I was way too cool for blink and pop punk for a decent period, all thanks to Benji rocking Casualties merch lmao.

Haha admittedly I wanted to be Benji for a short period of time in about 10th grade. Never did the Liberty spikes though. 

1 hour ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

Again, this doesn’t mean shit. So the industry is promoting MGK right now, big deal. He wouldn’t be anything if his fans didn’t think he was so hot and cute. There’s a reason he got that hair transplant. 

You wanna know who else had a #1 record? Milli Vanilli. That’s right. #1. Creed, Nickelback, NSYNC, and Backstreet Boys all have records that went diamond. So your point is moot. 

Backstreet Boys is the best selling boyband in history, don't you dare name them in that kind of sentence along side nsync or milli vanilli. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, twentytwenty said:

Backstreet Boys is the best selling boyband in history, don't you dare name them in that kind of sentence along side nsync or milli vanilli. 

I mean, I can’t deny the greatness that is “I Want it That Way.” Even I have to admit that’s a fucking classic gem right there!

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Oh Mathias, your BSB love is always amusing. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

All good bands.

Keep trying.

Plus the argument was that it was received well, you are all over the place, per usual.

Slut.

5 minutes ago, Unofficial Mod - Jan said:

All good bands.

Keep trying.

Plus the argument was that it was received well, you are all over the place, per usual.

Slut.

You know, Nickelback Jan has a good ring to it. Maybe we should call you that.

Milli Vanilli didn’t even perform on their album. Oh what I’d do to go back to a time period where things like that actually mattered. Now you see MGK with a pink guitar in a photo shoot and you think he’s bringing rock music back. 

But to be fair, I did have the thought after posting it that the argument was his album was received well. However, good 1st week album sales doesn’t equate to an album being received well. And certainly not to the degree of that which you speak of...which is it being some sort of pop punk holy grail/revival. People buy an album that they don’t like all the time. And these days streams count towards sales on the billboard chart, so that’s hardly a good measure anyways. Plenty of folks checking it out due to curiosity to see what this douche canoe was up to after getting annihilated by Marshall  Mathers. 

I will die on this hill!

2 minutes ago, Unofficial Mod - Jan said:

Blink>Green Day>MGK>current Blink/Current Green Day

There I said it.  

Na, California/NINE, anything GD does is all still miles ahead of what MGK does. Hell I’ve always been a massive Fall Out Boy hater, and I’d take whatever 25 word song name garbage they’re putting out now over MGK any day 

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

28 minutes ago, asdf182 said:

Even if you hate MGK you gotta admit his last album is better than GD's. FOAM is just...

Yea, I mean, I thought “Stab you in the heart” was pretty rad. Like a throw back surf type song. And GD are bonified legends so I can’t see myself claiming that record is as bad as some Generic uninspired stuff like MGK. But at the end of the day I respect that people like the record and that even if it’s not in a genuine way, he’s At least probably putting a few people on to guitar music. I don’t think his album is even close to what some people crack it up to be on here, but my opinion doesn’t matter more than anyone else’s. It’s fun to argue sometimes haha.