New generation of pop punk

Champ182

24 minutes ago, Yang Gun Kelly said:

Calls out @Machine Gun Skelly 

Also says he used to give everyone two scoops of chicken when he worked at Chipotle.  Do we really need to hate this man?

To be clear I think he’s a cool dude and I’m happy for his success. I just don’t believe in the product 

3 hours ago, Machine Gun Skelly said:

To be clear I think he’s a cool dude and I’m happy for his success. I just don’t believe in the product 

I notice a lot of inability to separate artist from art here.

• 1 month later...

MGK did a full-capacity concert in Florida last night. Maybe things in the US are safer because people are actually getting the vaccine, but how do you feel about it? I still think it's too soon and irresponsible. https://www.instagram.com/p/COCOlUZDHZ8/?igshid=d332xu9bxuj9

I know I sound like a cop, but I've been thinking about shows a lot lately and even though I miss them, I'm not sure I can go back to attending crowded venues anytime soon. I'm ready for some small gatherings, but that's about my only plan right now. 

• Like 2

lol wow it would be Florida.

I think doing anything like that right now is stupid. We're so close to it being okay. There is an end in sight and we're getting there with vaccinations in the US. I think in two months I'd feel comfortable with something like this, but not yet. It's so dumb to take this risk when we're getting so close to most people (at least the ones who care) being vaccinated. Everyone 16+ is eligible for the vaccines now. Just wait a few more weeks.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

lol wow it would be Florida.

I think doing anything like that right now is stupid. We're so close to it being okay. There is an end in sight and we're getting there with vaccinations in the US. I think in two months I'd feel comfortable with something like this, but not yet. It's so dumb to take this risk when we're getting so close to most people (at least the ones who care) being vaccinated. Everyone 16+ is eligible for the vaccines now. Just wait a few more weeks.

He should have waited until it was actually safe for a big concert like that. And of all the states, he picked the one with some of the worst COVID numbers lol

6 hours ago, Elisa said:

MGK did a full-capacity concert in Florida last night. Maybe things in the US are safer because people are actually getting the vaccine, but how do you feel about it? I still think it's too soon and irresponsible. https://www.instagram.com/p/COCOlUZDHZ8/?igshid=d332xu9bxuj9

I know I sound like a cop, but I've been thinking about shows a lot lately and even though I miss them, I'm not sure I can go back to attending crowded venues anytime soon. I'm ready for some small gatherings, but that's about my only plan right now. 

Yeah that's fucking dumb. We've got a gig booked in August and I'm genuinely terrified about it haha that's months away but I have little hope that everything will be bells and whistles by then. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kay said:

Yeah that's fucking dumb. We've got a gig booked in August and I'm genuinely terrified about it haha that's months away but I have little hope that everything will be bells and whistles by then. 

I wouldn't be worried for a gig in August, there were many outdoor and social distanced gigs going on last summer (I didn't go to any, but I'd love to go to a small one this summer)and you guys are far ahead with the vaccinations. But I would never go to a sold out arena show with not a mask in sight. It's still too soon. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Elisa said:

I agree with you fully. I'm not sure when I'll be able to go to a hockey game or a concert etc again tbh. 

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

I wouldn't be worried for a gig in August, there were many outdoor and social distanced gi gs going on last summer (I didn't go to any, but I'd love to go to a small one this summer)and you guys are far ahead with the vaccinations. But I would never go to a sold out arena show with not a mask in sight. It's still too soon. 

It's not outside, it's in a small dive pub in Cardiff, not exactly social distancing room lol but yeah it may be fine, I'm just anxious about it. 

On 4/25/2021 at 9:55 AM, Elisa said:

He should have waited until it was actually safe for a big concert like that. And of all the states, he picked the one with some of the worst COVID numbers lol

Well Florida is probably one of the only states that allow it. 

I just got my first vaccination shot, ans am wondering if blink is still gonna end up playing this show for Lansing Common Grounds in July. I hope so!

On 4/25/2021 at 5:33 AM, Elisa said:

Blows my mind that a state would even allow that.

I'm going to Disney World in a few weeks and even though it's in Florida, there is still a strict mask policy, limited capacity, temp check, social distancing, etc. Pretty sad when giant businesses have more responsibility than official state health policy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Blows my mind that a state would even allow that.

I'm going to Disney World in a few weeks and even though it's in Florida, there is still a strict mask policy, limited capacity, temp check, social distancing, etc. Pretty sad when giant businesses have more responsibility than official state health policy.

I’m surprised you weren’t at the show 

6 hours ago, Ghent said:

i had some close friends at WDW a couple weeks ago and they found it pretty safe. people were prolly 90% masking, but less good about distancing. the parks are taking all the proper precautions. but some people are still rolling pretty florida man.