New generation of pop punk

Champ182

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

this sounds way too much like Be My Escape 

Fuck that's a blast from the past lol. I really liked Relient K but goddamn the christianity whoring in their music really put me off. 

Just now, Scott. said:

Not pop punk but is it me or does this sound like misery business in the chorus?

Very similar melody and chord structure, yes. not direct though. 

18 hours ago, Scott. said:

Not pop punk but is it me or does this sound like misery business in the chorus?

Haha I thought the same thing when I saw her play this on SNL last week. Honestly, it was cool to see a teen superstar (very) gently taking pieces of 00's pop punk vibes to the masses. She was performing with a live band and singing with a real voice and everything.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 11:08 AM, Scott. said:

She’s everywhere atm. Her songs are ok  it’s just I can’t take a 17 year old singing about heartbreak seriously tbh, obviously I’m not her target audience but yeah she’s ok

That red light green light song is honestly one of the most annoying songs I've ever heard. It reminds me of that "somebody that I used to know" shit show by Goat-ye

12 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

So Kennyhoopla's mixtape with Travis has dropped today.... Absolutely love this song!!

Me personal favorites are this one, but in particular the first track “silence is also an answer” and “smoke break.”  Travis MURDERS the drum set on silence

I'll just go ahead and say this, and i want it to be known that i've been at the bar drinking most of the night, BUT.... 'Silence is also an answer' and 'Smoke Break' BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG so hard turned up in a car at night.  Holy shit this kids a talent.

• Like 1