New generation of pop punk

Champ182

4 hours ago, Elisa said:

All these songs featuring T-ravis sound the same and they are NOT good. But I can't really judge right now because I've become absolutely obsessed with Bad Bunny this year haha

I haven't been overjoyed with many but I fucking love the Willow Smith one. 

That was a good song.

I mean, I'm fine with Travis and major labels parachuting solo artists into pop-punk as long as I am not expected to take it too seriously. Travis is just playing the 2020s version of the Feldy card, except that they've cut out the actual band element. It's smart and he's doing the right thing for himself + he's having fun, but I think that the Travis-Barker-based pop punk scene will never merge with the other pop-punk/punk scene. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

Maybe I should give it a try. 

I don't know if you would like it. I'm not pretending it's epic or anything but it earwormed the shit out of me. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Elisa said:

All these songs featuring T-ravis sound the same and they are NOT good. But I can't really judge right now because I've become absolutely obsessed with Bad Bunny this year haha

You’re not wrong. He’s very one note. Still like some of them though. Mgk is the only one so far that can actually pull it off in a great way

• Like 3
  • Crab 1

31 minutes ago, NotNow said:

You’re not wrong. He’s very one note. Still like some of them though. Mgk is the only one so far that can actually pull it off in a great way

He's the worst of the bunch frankly. 

• Love 1
  • Crab 1

5 hours ago, Kay said:

I don't know if you would like it. I'm not pretending it's epic or anything but it earwormed the shit out of me. 

Yea sometimes I like shit I wouldn’t expect to. Like Travis’s remix of that illenium song good things fall apart, for some reason I listened to that a bunch of times lol 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yet another Barker joint.  Apparently signed to his new record label?  Either way... very very pop punk, for good or for bad.  Personally I'm enjoying the album, particularly the clear as day nod to/sample of 'Feelin This' in this song...

46 minutes ago, scoobs said:

Yet another Barker joint.  Apparently signed to his new record label?  Either way... very very pop punk, for good or for bad.  Personally I'm enjoying the album, particularly the clear as day nod to/sample of 'Feelin This' in this song...

you'd hope the blink melody rip-off in the chorus was an homage?  surely if it wasn't they would have caught that lol.

I would have laughed you out of the room if in the late 2000s you told me Travis Barker would become the master of Pop Punk, saving the genre from complete irrelevancy.

It seems like he used his time with Feldmann wisely and learned a lot of his tricks too.

So awesome

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scoobs said:

This was the most lifeless thing I've heard for a long time. Kinda crazy Travis would sign this?

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

12 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Vocals is tuned to the point where there aren't any humanity left in it and it's basically become a synth. Drums are so quantized to the grid that all life has been squeezed out of them. etc 

You listen to AVA mate

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Crab 1