New generation of pop punk

Champ182

6 hours ago, scoobs said:

Yet another Barker joint.  Apparently signed to his new record label?  Either way... very very pop punk, for good or for bad.  Personally I'm enjoying the album, particularly the clear as day nod to/sample of 'Feelin This' in this song...

haha. this is pretty fun. nice to hear kids enjoying blink. this kid was three when this song came out lol

• Like 1

My favorite Barker collabs thus far are 1) KennyHoopla 2) MGK in a very close 2nd 3) jxdn… shockingly very impressed even though I’m way too old for this lol

MGK is featured on one of these new songs and as I was listening this morning all I could think is man his voice is so refreshing in the pop punk genre.  That super deep register is unique and he’s perfected his sound.  I know there are people who can’t stand him but I’m a sucker for his brand of pop punk, he’s special.  I cannot wait for album 2.

1 hour ago, FAPLORD said:

Seriously…AVA fans you literally listen to the worst singer in rock and roll history, he would not exist without auto tune…you have ZERO leg to stand on complaining about the vocals and effects on these songs. Do yourself a favor and STFU 

You clearly don't understand what I'm talking about so let's just go separate ways on this one

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, twentytwenty said:

You clearly don't understand what I'm talking about so let's just go separate ways on this one

Yeah I couldn't even be bothered, he's just talking waffle-bollocks at this point.

• Haha 2

I’d think even if you hate everything Travis has put out over the last couple years, we can all agree it’s so dope he’s trying to resuscitate the pop punk genre.  I’m really impressed and surprised by the sheer amount of quality shit he’s helping produce 

• Like 1

So how about this Olivia Rodrigo tune “Good for you?” That is a pop punkish tune destroying pop radio. I don’t think her other music is like that, but that one song has my attention.

Let’s hear some trash takes about how the mix is bad or something

• Like 2