New generation of pop punk

Champ182

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

I'm not telling you to listen to the radio. I'm saying it's narrow-minded to conclude that something is bad just because it's on the radio.

I see what your point is, but how is that the case when everything (in my opinion) that I hear on the radio fucking blows? I’ll give credit to certain radio artists like Adele and anyone who is original and actually talented. I don’t give a fuck about credit, I do about raw talent. I’d be willing to bet $100 right now that this Olivia chick or whoever Ghent brought up sucks ass, needs auto tune to sound decent, can’t sing for shit, has generic songs and will be forgotten completely within 5 years. So, you are technically right, just because it’s on the radio does not mean it sucks. But does it mean it probably sucks? Yea I think so. If I’m the old man yelling at you to get off my lawn, I will wear that hat lol

31 minutes ago, Speedo said:

It's not exactly a stretch to apply the underground music scene as the opposite of radio pop. Blink, had they not hit it big with pop hits would, arguable, still be in the basements and small venues of the underground scene.

Thank you Captain Obvious lol. This was never up for debate. I agree with and was already well aware of literally everything you’ve said. Still doesn’t negate the irony that fans of a band that made fun of other pop artists are now making fun of people for making fun of pop artists. Everything doesn’t have to be so deep all the time, this ain’t Jan’s mama 

50 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Backing my poor argument? About how there is irony of fans on a board for a band that became widely popular by making fun of other pop artists, are now making fun of me for making fun of pop artists? Well, seems like you’re the one without an argument here pal. There was no argument, just stated irony and here you go trying to argue over nothing . Sorry but you make no sense on this one bud 

Almost as ironic as a fan of one of the biggest radio friendly pop bands to ever exist posting on said board shitting on radio friendly pop music!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Thank you Captain Obvious lol. This was never up for debate. I agree with and was already well aware of literally everything you’ve said. Still doesn’t negate the irony that fans of a band that made fun of other pop artists are now making fun of people for making fun of pop artists. Everything doesn’t have to be so deep all the time, this ain’t Jan’s mama 

I mean, it wasn't that obvious to you ... you had me restate it. Also, you keep using "irony" and nothing you said is ironic ... blink making fun of pop bands (as a form of marketing themselves) and having fans that like pop isn't irony.

I listen to the radio just to stay on top of what people are listening to. It’s hard to gauge that based on Spotify playlists or just going by popular artists you see trending. There’s a lot of awful shit, but I like to stay on top of it to an extent.

Pop radio is what introduced me to blink-182 and is responsible for my general love of alternative/adult alternative music from the 90s that I listen to religiously to this day.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I mean, it wasn't that obvious to you ... you had me restate it. Also, you keep using "irony" and nothing you said is ironic ... blink making fun of pop bands (as a form of marketing themselves) and having fans that like pop isn't irony.

Wow dude, and you act like things don’t go over your head. None of the things you said needed to be said in the first place because that’s completely irrelevant. The irony isn’t that they have pop fans it’s that their pop fans would make fun of someone else for making fun of pop. And who the fuck cares it was a loose blanket statement anyways…you just went off on a completely different tangent trying to talk about how blink was marketed and shit everyone already knows. Settle down and go tell that story to the kids here that found blink with untitled or after 

12 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Wow dude, and you act like things don’t go over your head. None of the things you said needed to be said in the first place because that’s completely irrelevant. The irony isn’t that they have pop fans it’s that their pop fans would make fun of someone else for making fun of pop. And who the fuck cares it was a loose blanket statement anyways…you just went off on a completely different tangent trying to talk about how blink was marketed and shit everyone already knows. Settle down and go tell that story to the kids here that found blink with untitled or after 

Umm ... did you just uncorrect an argument I wasn't making?

3 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

But they also at least wrote their own music, owned the rights to their music and started organically. That makes them different than the Backstreet Boys whether you want to admit it or not. 

Sure, dismiss one of the biggest pop groups of our time. I’ll let you know that if you’ll do a nose dive in to the credits of many of their songs you will find plenty of crumbs from the “boys”.

Brian has almost 50 songwriting credits for an example soo…

5 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

Sure, dismiss one of the biggest pop groups of our time. I’ll let you know that if you’ll do a nose dive in to the credits of many of their songs you will find plenty of crumbs from the “boys”.

Oh man, he went after your boys. This'll get nasty. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

12 hours ago, Speedo said:

Umm ... did you just uncorrect an argument I wasn't making?

Nope but you’re ridiculous. The point always was Ghent, a fan of a band (blink) who makes fun of pop artists , made fun of another person for making fun of pop artists. There is irony there. Whether or not blink is pop as well has absolutely nothing to do with my statement or the irony. The same thing could be said about Eminem, he was absolutely a pop artist. Yet he still made a lot of fun of other pop artists, so it would be equally stupid for a fan of his to make fun of someone else for ripping on pop artists. The end. Sorry you felt like you needed to argue about something yesterday, I’ve been there. Have a great day today!

3 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Nope but you’re ridiculous. The point always was Ghent, a fan of a band (blink) who makes fun of pop artists , made fun of another person for making fun of pop artists.

Blink made fun of a very specific segment of pop artists over a small period of time in one music video. You act like they were religiously devoted to this and that its a part of their DNA.

That period of pop music was rather odd and historically significant. They weren't the only ones making fun of it at the time.

• Like 2
  • Crab 1

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Blink made fun of a very specific segment of pop artists over a small period of time in one music video. You act like they were religiously devoted to this and that its a part of their DNA.

That period of pop music was rather odd and historically significant. They weren't the only ones making fun of it at the time.

They made fun of them at countless shows and in interviews. I know you didn’t discover blink until later so I forgive you. That’s besides the point, I was just having a light conversation with you anyways, I’m not telling you what to listen to and it doesn’t matter to me. I know you love T Swift and I still love ya! Speedo just came running in acting like he came running in to save the day and educate everyone on how blink is really just a pop band and was marketed to teens lolz 

1 minute ago, FAPLORD said:

They made fun of them at countless shows and in interviews. I know you didn’t discover blink until later so I forgive you.

When did you discover blink there davey jones?

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

I just used their name because they were probably the biggest one, or the poster boys for pop music at that time so to speak.  Immediately upon reading your comment, I recorded this 50 second bit specifically for you. I would have made it perfect but I had to start work and couldn’t take multiple takes. I hope this will allow you to forgive me: 

• Love 1

Also, for anyone doubting the extent of how blink felt about or made fun of boy bands, go to 2:18 in this interview. Tom even name drops Backstreet Boys and 98 Degrees, says they suck and he can’t understand why anybody likes them. All I had to do was type “Mark Hoppus Tom DeLonge interview 1999” on YouTube and this was in literally the first video that comes up. The same sentiment is echoed in many different interviews from that time period, scattered about on YouTube.  They said this shit so many times and really felt that these boy bands and pop artists were lame. Yet y’all wanna act like they only made fun of them once in a music video smh. 

1 hour ago, FAPLORD said:

Nope but you’re ridiculous. The point always was Ghent, a fan of a band (blink) who makes fun of pop artists , made fun of another person for making fun of pop artists. There is irony there. Whether or not blink is pop as well has absolutely nothing to do with my statement or the irony. The same thing could be said about Eminem, he was absolutely a pop artist. Yet he still made a lot of fun of other pop artists, so it would be equally stupid for a fan of his to make fun of someone else for ripping on pop artists. The end. Sorry you felt like you needed to argue about something yesterday, I’ve been there. Have a great day today!

That's not irony. You can deflect all you want and be snarky but it does lend credit to what you're saying. Perhaps slow down on the weed?