New generation of pop punk

Champ182

9 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Weird.

Yes you are. I’m referencing people like you who gave her shit years ago saying her use of “Ironic” wasn’t accurate. Well here’s a definition for you smart guy: 

5-E1-B5173-1-BFE-47-F1-AA6-A-8-E80042-FB

So nope, I didn’t expect a fan of a band that makes fun of pop artists to make fun of me for making fun of pop artists. So yes, the definition of irony fits here. But according to you, I should have in fact expected to be made fun of for my comments in this place?Nothing you said was at all ever relevant to anything I said. Now drop it I’m not spending my day arguing with someone who is neglecting their diaper duties 

5 minutes ago, Speedo said:

It's entertaining!

I actually don’t appreciate it from either of you. I never said I was better than anyone, never said anything about credibility. Just because I like blink doesn’t mean I can’t say what I want about other pop trash. And it’s not my fault you can’t comprehend what I was saying and that you don’t understand the definition of irony. 

1 hour ago, FAPLORD said:

I just used their name because they were probably the biggest one, or the poster boys for pop music at that time so to speak.  Immediately upon reading your comment, I recorded this 50 second bit specifically for you. I would have made it perfect but I had to start work and couldn’t take multiple takes. I hope this will allow you to forgive me: 

You made my heart go boom boom ❤️

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Yes you are. I’m referencing people like you gave her shit years ago saying her use of “Ironic” wasn’t accurate. Well here’s a definition for you smart guy: 

5-E1-B5173-1-BFE-47-F1-AA6-A-8-E80042-FB

So nope, I didn’t expect a fan of a band that makes fun of pop artists to make fun of me for making fun of pop artists. So yes, the definition of irony fits here. But according to you, I should have in fact expected to be made fun of for my comments in this place?Nothing you said was at all ever relevant to anything I said. Now drop it I’m not spending my day arguing with someone who is neglecting their diaper duties 

You're kind of a looney toon, aren't you? Lol

8 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Just a quick followup on this, I just found the Billboard Year-End Top 40 from 1999, and all of these alternative/rock-ish artists made the list:

Sixpence None The Richer
Sugar Ray (twice)
Goo Goo Dolls
Smash Mouth
Santana w/ Rob Thomas
Eagle Eye Cherry
Pearl Jam
Everlast
Lenny Kravitz
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Third Eye Blind

That's 12 songs out of 40, AKA 30% of the top pop songs of the year! I don't love all of those songs, and I don't want, need, or expect alternative/rock/guitar music to dominate the pop airwaves. But between the healthy amount of rock, the classic MTV pop stuff that we all made fun of but still became a soundtrack to our lives, the Latin explosion, the influx of hip hop, damn that was a really fun time to grow up and learn about a variety of music from the radio.

I wonder if ANYTHING alt/rock/guitar-ish other than maybe that Olivia Rodrigo song will make the cut this year.

Ahhh, the glory days.

But guitar is slowly sneaking back into the pop scene. It won't happen overnight, but all it takes is a few songs (like this Rodrigo one and the two MGK songs that got airplay) to get people to start copying it. It has to become "cool" again, which it hasn't been in a really long time.

Pop music is a lot better lately, with or without rock imo. Dua Lipa and Ariana Grande both have multiple great songs all over the radio right now IMO

9 minutes ago, Speedo said:

You're kind of a looney toon, aren't you? Lol

How’s that? You just can’t admit when you’re wrong can you? At least I can do that. But Look at that definition, assuming you can read, and tell me how the fuck what I said was ironic was not ironic? Go ahead, make a logical explanation you fucking nerd. It was surely ironic to me, I didn’t expect it. I didn’t need your little history lesson on blink, everyone already knows all of that shit is true and it doesn’t change anything I said. You must be fucking miserable and stressed out, changing diapers and not getting laid again by the wife yet lol. Hope you have a better day I’m not entertaining your smart ass anymore on this subject, you’re clearly wrong and when presented with a hard definition, you retort to weak personal attacks. Typical…and pathetic 

2 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

How’s that? You just can’t admit when you’re wrong can you. Look at that definition, assuming you can read, and tel me how the fuck what I said was ironic was not ironic? Go ahead, make a logical explanation you fucking nerd. 

So, angry and aggressive! You gonna kick my ass too?

No, I can't read, you got me.

Fuck, I knew this day would come ... all my blustery and bolstering and flippant attitude only to have it all come crashing down by Diddy Faplord, the internet king. Oh, isn't it ironic, don't'cha think? A little too ironic ... I really do think. Lol!

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

So, angry and aggressive! You gonna kick my ass too?

No, I can't read, you got me.

Fuck, I knew this day would come ... all my blustery and bolstering and flippant attitude only to have it all come crashing down by Diddy Faplord, the internet king. Oh, isn't it ironic, don't'cha think? A little too ironic ... I really do think. Lol!

Not aggressive, you’re just clearly being a fucking nerd right now. You’re the one coming off pretentious and caring about cred with all the shit you said about blink, as if I didn’t already know. Go read the definition of irony and tell me how I was wrong. Until then, I can only assume you can’t read 

Ghent making fun of you for shitting on pop music while simultaneously being a fan of a band who's main marketability is being the anti-boy band isn't ironic, no. Irony would be buying into the marketing so hard that you built an entire argument around it without ever even realizing the contradiction. 

3 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Not aggressive, you’re just clearly being a fucking nerd right now. You’re the one coming off pretentious and caring about cred with all the shit you said about blink, as if I didn’t already know. Go read the definition of irony and tell me how I was wrong. Until then, I can only assume you can’t read 

You are wrong. Okay, what now?

4 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Ghent making fun of you for shitting on pop music while simultaneously being a fan of a band who's main marketability is being the anti-boy band isn't ironic, no. Irony would be buying into the marketing so hard that you built an entire argument around it without ever even realizing the contradiction. 

You’re making things up in your head. I dont buy into the marketing. That has zero to do with anything. You can think that I bought into it all you want, I didn’t and I don’t. But by all means go ahead and feel superior by thinking that Diddy Faplord was duped into believing blink was some DIY punk rock band with street cred lol. I view blink as a guilty pleasure for myself. I personally still didn’t expect another fan of them to make fun of someone else for making fun of pop music. So to me, that was ironic. Maybe not to you, but who cares. I’m done arguing about it. Cheers