New generation of pop punk

Champ182

21 minutes ago, Scott. said:

The moaning in the chorus is kinda grunge yeah. Not sure why that’s funny but ok.

I think he's really trying to channel 90's grunge and I'm kinda digging it. But you can't beat Basement when it comes to soft grungy sound. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 2:36 PM, Speedo said:

Faps fancies himself a musical erudite.

Na more just a troll. I laugh at the idea of MGK being called grunge now, but I definitely didn’t waste my time listening to the song. Then I saw a random article about someone else labeling it grunge, so I guess I can’t fault Scott about it but my feelings stay the same towards Squirtgun Kelly 

11 hours ago, Elisa said:

Papercuts is okay if you listen to it once, I tried to listen to it again this morning, but it sounds awful so I listened to Linkin Park's Papercut (which is still a badass song).

I was watching some live performances of Linkin Park the other day and was super impressed. Very underrated performers.

9 hours ago, Scott. said:

Linkin Park was the first rock band I was into. Hybrid Theory was my shit till I discovered pop punk 

Yeah I've never been a huge LP fan but Hybrid Theory was huge to me. 

Legit the line in By Myself "If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer, then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer" blew my fucking mind and may be responsible for my lyric obsession as a songwriter. 

11 hours ago, Shit Poster said:

I was watching some live performances of Linkin Park the other day and was super impressed. Very underrated performers.

They were such a solid band. And their first two albums have aged surprisingly well.

• Like 2