New generation of pop punk

Champ182

I wish Olivia Rodrigo did more punkish songs. She would sound great if the guitars actually had some tone and the drums didn't sound like midi presets, like in this mash up: 

I was super disappointed with the album, thinking it wound have a bunch of songs like good 4 you, and then it's all slow Billie Eilish songs. 

I found the album pretty repetitive (every song is literally about the same subject). But Brutal, Good for you, and Deja Vu are great songs.

Driver's License drives me crazy. Such an annoying song.

She's only 18 though. Massive potential. Hope she steers to the rock side because that's where she stands out, for me anyway.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

I found the album pretty repetitive (every song is literally about the same subject). But Brutal, Good for you, and Deja Vu are great songs.

Driver's License drives me crazy. Such an annoying song.

She's only 18 though. Massive potential. Hope she steers to the rock side because that's where she stands out, for me anyway.

Agreed! When she hones in on a kinda pop punk-meets-Lorde sound it's really fun (and more interesting than the actual Lorde's new album unfortunately).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Scott. said:

heard this on the radio earlier. I think it’s cool these kids are bringing pop punk/rock back to the mainstream

That was surprisingly okay. Not a fan of the voice but it's a totally alright song, definitely better than some of the 'new age' that's been shared. 

55 minutes ago, Kay said:

That was surprisingly okay. Not a fan of the voice but it's a totally alright song, definitely better than some of the 'new age' that's been shared. 

Yeha it’s alright. Just nice hearing this instead of fucking mumble rap on radio 1

• Love 1

I'm not opposed to the recent resurgence of pop punk influenced pop music, it just all sounds the same to me. It's cool the appreciation is there but no one is really bringing identity to it. The same thing happened when pop punk died out originally, it all just ended up being a carbon copy of each other.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Scott. said:

you digging this? @Kay I’m digging Willow tbh. I like her voice, she sounds British in this for some reason 😂 no idea who the other cunt is

She's got such a good voice, quite unique and rich considering her age. I know she low key wants to do some metal eventually and honestly I'm here for it. She's got so much potential.

This song was okay, idk who that cunt is either. Proves she can handle live as well which is nice. 

On 9/13/2021 at 4:21 PM, Lindemulder said:

Been rocking Kenny Hoopla lately - and to be more specific "Silence is also and Answer". Fuck me its good. Reminds me a little of Post Malone

Finally gave him a chance. I definitely like it time to time for a modern artist. Hollywood sucks is good.

• Like 1