New generation of pop punk

Champ182

17 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

If you've seen my posts you know I prefer my pop-punk to be an ingredient with indie rock, so my picks aren't really in the Travis/MGK vein, but here's a band from New Zealand that I fucking love right now:

I really like the music of the first video but hate the singing.

51 minutes ago, Ghent said:

This MGK/Corey Taylor from Slipknot feud is pretty funny shit.

I'm starting to think more and more that @FAPLORD was right and MGK is a bitch. Still making damn good pop punk though- thanks to Travis. So I will continue to enjoy the music side of it

Yeah it's entertaining though, like the Eminem beef.  He's good for the industry, just not anyone I'd want to follow outside of the music.

Travis is shocking me with the pop punk influence/producing, New Found Glory carrying the veteran heart side of things, good stuff.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ghents shtick_182 said:

This Chorus sounds exactly like something off Cali.  Is it Teenage satellites? Don't feel like looking because don't want to get sick.

I listened to it but I can’t point to any cali song being similar right off the bat but I’m not saying you’re wrong, it isn’t satellites but it definitely sounds familiar, it could be the chord progression and overall sound though

17 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

I listened to it but I can’t point to any cali song being similar right off the bat but I’m not saying you’re wrong, it isn’t satellites but it definitely sounds familiar, it could be the chord progression and overall sound though

I was definitely thinking Left Alone.  Same intro and everything.

On 9/21/2021 at 12:30 PM, Champ182 said:

I'm curious what Travis's role is like as a producer. Has there ever been any kind of behind the scenes article or video or anything that talks about that? I can't imagine him being very hands-on.

Weren’t we supposed to be getting a documentary about Travis? Or did that die like the blinkumentary did?

• Like 1