New generation of pop punk

Champ182

The "all Travis songs sound the same" take is tiring.  Kennyhoopla sounds nothing like this.  Its also just kind of a weird thing to say, given he's producing pop punk music... pop punk music is going to resemble pop punk music, because its pop punk music.  Seems like Travis is getting annoyed by the poppunk gatekeepers out there :D 

image.png.f58662838254473a5b50193580ea2cdc.png

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, scoobs said:

The "all Travis songs sound the same" take is tiring.  Kennyhoopla sounds nothing like this.  Its also just kind of a weird thing to say, given he's producing pop punk music... pop punk music is going to resemble pop punk music, because its pop punk music.  Seems like Travis is getting annoyed by the poppunk gatekeepers out there :D 

image.png.f58662838254473a5b50193580ea2cdc.png

I’ve been listening to various pop punk bands for years. Yes, it’s the same genre, so similarities exist, but most of these sound very, very similar in a more than genre way. I don’t know that dude so I can’t comment but when one of travis’s artists new ones randomly gets shared here and I check it out… they all sound very similar. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 12:28 PM, Maddey said:

I like them. Nice music to drive to. Newest single was all right imo but doesn’t really stand out

Ya i've tried to get into this new single and just super unremarkable to me.  I did just pick up tickets for their 2022 tour though :) I haven't seen them live but I am certain it will be incredible.

• Like 1