New generation of pop punk

Champ182

I actually like most of the stuff Travis has been involved with lately, but that Avril song does nothing for me. Though I’ve never really been a fan of her music tbh and this just sounds like the same music I wasn’t into before. Maybe I don’t like her voice? Idk I honestly can’t pin the reason I’ve never been into her…

• Like 1

On 12/7/2021 at 7:51 PM, boxelder said:

was never a big story so far fan but have been pretty enveloped by their 2018 effort proper dose as of late. any fans? sure it's been discussed here. great riffs and melodies

One of my all-time favorite albums.  Its nearly perfect to my ears.  I love TSSF front to back though, they make incredible music.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Britpop I reckon. Parker has started imitating Liam Gallagher  

Yeah, and I'm sure we'll like it. I didn’t think The Story So Far going all britpop on the last album would have been as influential as it was. They really got tons of Americans kids and older fans into Oasis and The Stone Roses. 

10 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Britpop was a special time. I wish I was older enough to experience it in full. So many amazing bands and songs from that era 

I know, I also regret that I was a bit too young to be swept up in the britpop wave. But as soon as I got into music properly, britpop gave me nostalgia for a time and place I never lived in. So many great bands and great songs... British music and all the different subcultures are everything. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

anyone know if The Story So Far is working on a new album? Feels like this is the longest they've gone without new music, but it could just be because my concept of time has been completely fucked by the pandemic.

I don't know if that's the case with The Story So Far, but I know that most bands have their albums ready, but they're waiting for 2022 to release them and tour them properly.

3 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I don't know if that's the case with The Story So Far, but I know that most bands have their albums ready, but they're waiting for 2022 to release them and tour them properly.

Wouldn't surprise me. I just haven't been following them very closely so I didn't know if there was any information out there about any upcoming music from them or not.

If I see The Story So Far live one more time they will officially be the band I've seen live the most. Right now they're tied with Yellowcard (7 times each), and Yellowcard doesn't exist anymore, so it seems inevitable that TSSF will take the top spot sooner or later!

40 minutes ago, Elisa said:

could also be vinyl delays if they want to do a traditional album rollout (available same-day). a lot of artists -- indie or otherwise -- have had trouble getting LPs pressed because there's only like two or three facilities in the world and the demand is so high. for TSSF, i'd imagine they'd want a bunch of pre-order vinyl variants to help goose the numbers a little, if that's something they care about.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 8:04 AM, Cheerios4u98 said:

anyone know if The Story So Far is working on a new album? Feels like this is the longest they've gone without new music, but it could just be because my concept of time has been completely fucked by the pandemic.

Pretty well known that Parker has some issue with how big the band has gotten.  They could have recorded an album for all i know, but it wouldn't surprise me if they haven't.  Parkers been busy with his side project No Pressure (i believe named this way because he feels too much pressure to satisfy TSSF fanbase with new music, but that may be me looking too far into it).  No Pressure is recording an album I believe.  Here's their EP if you're interested

On 12/10/2021 at 3:04 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

They hinted a bit on IG months ago but it has been quiet for a while now

• 2 weeks later...