New generation of pop punk

Champ182

Something seems fishy, I gotta admit. For one thing, Bright Eyes sticks out like a sore thumb in this lineup. I know there was a little bit of crossover fandom in the "emo" world for a year or two in the 00s, but I also know they absolutely never considered themselves a part of this scene or played with these bands. It'll be interesting to keep an eye on! Even Rolling Stone published an article asking if it was too good to be true or if it would be Emo Fyre Fest haha.

• Haha 1

I love the lineup but so many people are going to be at this, especially after a period of everyone being starved for concerts. I feel like you’d have to stand a mile away from the stage haha. But I’m guessing it’s like a one day Warped Tour kind of setup. For ten times the price. Yeah no thanks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Speedo said:

You couldn’t pay me to go to this … the people I knew in high school that were into these bands were insufferable nincompoops. I can’t imagine age has made that better.

I would go with you! We could be in the front row of MCR together

Just to show you we were not all insufferable nincompoops

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

You couldn’t pay me to go to this … the people I knew in high school that were into these bands were insufferable nincompoops. I can’t imagine age has made that better.

The only bands I’d pay to see here specifically are Alk3 and Jimmy and I’ve already seen Jimmy and I’ll be seeing alk3 in march.

like if i was already there I’d check out the sets of maybe 3 or 4 others but not super enthusiastically, I feel too old for a lot of this line up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Helen Hoppus said:

i thought most of these bands no longer existed, pretty surprise me 

Boys Like Girls are making a reunion im guessing since Martin has been doing The Night Game for a while now. Paramore is doing a comeback/reunion. MCR is on their whole reunion/comeback thing. So some of them are doing a comeback at least

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Are there even any underage girls that listen to this? 

This will be a fest with 25-35 year olds

There are a fresh wave of teenagers listening to my chem, it’s kind of crazy.