New generation of pop punk

Champ182

17 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Sorry mate. Did not enjoy that. Wasn’t horrible but didn’t think it was good. I think Cheerios nailed it and the blokes voice is fucking annoying.

Likes Matt Skiba more than anything, another tenor, but hates Brandon Flowers from the Killers.

-Shots fired.

8 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Matt Skiba and Brandon Flowers sound nothing alike. I personally am not a huge fan of The Killers or Alkaline Trio, but I do think the newest Killers album is fucking awesome.

Jan’s gonna Jan. Take it for a grain of salt and move on.

On 8/16/2021 at 9:48 AM, Champ182 said:

This isn't quite the purpose of this thread, but I was listening to the new Killers album (which is shockingly great, I liked their first album but never kept up with them over the years. Never knew they were capable of an album this interesting, highly recommended).

Anyway, sometimes I come across songs that make me think "If you squint hard enough, THIS is what Blink could have evolved into if Tom never lost his mind." Usually it's something that has elements of Tom's anthemic ambitions, classic melodic energetic Blink-style alt rock, and 80s new wave Tom and Mark both have love for. Certain elements like slide guitar aside, this Killers song is the latest example I've heard. The outro especially reminds me of one of their extended instrumentals they were doing live after Untitled.

/\

I even posted about the new Killers album in this thread a few months ago even though they're not pop punk haha

23 minutes ago, Kay said:

I genuinely have never heard like 60% of them

Even if we don't know most of these bands, the idea behind the tournament would be to check them out, estimate their threat levels, weaknesses & survival ratings and see who is going to win in a fight. Listening to their songs is not necessary. (I'm just making this all up, help! Or we can do this with some bands we're all familiar with)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

They added another day to that festival

bet it was part of the plan all along — there was no logistical way to get all the bands to play in one day and i’m sure it was contracted as two days to begin with. was advertised as one to drive sales